Sign in to follow this  
ilie1977

Instrument cluster malfunction-Solved

ilie1977
On a cold morning day in socal and cold start up. started the bike and all of the sequence on the cluster did its thing and after i started the bike the motor idle and found the cluster is blank and back light is lit. Im a VW technician for 13years so I made a video for the concern, I'm taking the bike this week for yamaha dealer to fix it. Has any of you happen with this concern?

ilie1977

none
As a quick and easy check, the plug in the back of the instrument panel is at quite an angle and may not have been plugged in properly during set-up.

ilie1977
As a quick and easy check, the plug in the back of the instrument panel is at quite an angle and may not have been plugged in properly during set-up.
It did it again this morning and wiggle the connector to the cluster, turn starter switch off and start, and tapping the cluster no response, still blank.

ilie1977

mjh937
I would try disconnecting the battery for ten minutes or so. Maybe that will reset things. I have no idea if that will work, but it cannot hurt.

motomeek
Quite strange. Let us know what the dealership says about the issue!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

fairorth
This is probably not relevant, but do you have the brightness turned up to max? Might try that just in case its a low setting issue.

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

Frosty
Mine did this after I installed an hid kit. It would do the same thing yours is doing. Took it out and havent had the problem again. Everytime it did it I shut it off and turned it back on and everything was fine. Hope you get it fixed, I know how annoying it is.

ilie1977
Update: took it to the yamaha dealer, they could not duplicate concern. But I showed them my three video that the concern happen. Yamaha warrantied my malfunctioning cluster. I pick up the bike today and they did not set the miles on it. We will see if this is good. 29f3548b9ae5bcf7ceefaa00440cc3fb.jpg

ilie1977