The MT-07 Forum

New guy from AZ

brutusvk

Hello, I just bought my first street bike since 1999. (I crashed and promised my folks I wouldn't get another bike) My wife and I just bought some quads for the first time. Plus we have some fast cars. (supercharged 370Z, GTI and a 63 nova with a 427 small block) But I still always yearned for a bike.
Today I went to get a key made at the motorcycle shop for my raptor. I saw the FZ 07 for the first time. I never intended to buy a bike. However, it happened. Here are some pics. I am ordering exhaust and a fender eliminator tonight. lol  You can tell I didn't plan on the bike since we have nowhere to park it!  The nova is in the middle of a project and is basically acting as a shelf these days.  Waiting on parts, story of my life.
15567367804_e70df98186_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr
16163941606_2360c10d60_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr
16188975232_b532a7c6cd_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr
15567367714_f02c0eafaf_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr
16187884931_939421309d_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome brutusvk! It just happened, huh? 8-) Nice lookin' bike!

Is that a '62 box Nova?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Many of us have the OES sliders. That's what I have and while I hope to never put them to the test, a member or two here tested them already. They look really good too.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hi @brutusvk, welcome and thanks for posting. Awesome choice of vehicle you have. Love that color too!
I have the same helmet, but with the Wanderer graphics.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. Sweet Nova, that body style is on my list of cars to one day own if I'm fortunate enough.

I have the OES sliders, and they work well. No high speed wrecks or anything but they protect the plastics and engine in a tipover. Don't ask me how I know this.

Everything went braap.

I will try not to test the sliders. The nova hates me. It does not know we are trying to help it. So it fights us all the way. It takes 80% of my time not at work. So, it is a love/hate endeavor.

I ordered the Puig touring screen for use until the Givi comes back in stock. Then I can decide which one I like best. (or switch back and forth) I also ordered Rizoma Zero turn signals. I guess I have a hard time leaving anything alone!

Some pics of the garage carnage!

16032100319_d77515cfb9_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr

15595804934_8635b26919_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr

16192323966_271fb24f8f_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr

15595806484_dc27051363_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr

16192323136_c293b1c9bf_c.jpgUntitled by DanK1, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

After a long ride yesterday I am toying with trading in my bike. I love this bike riding around town. But I hate it on the freeway. It kind of sucks because I put some serious time and money into it. Will have to think on it a bit more. I guess I was too used to the old CBRs I had.

If you want super fast highway speeds then get a 4 cylinder! or the fz09(3 cylinder). you seem like u have money to spend since u just got a bike when u didn't even plan on it lol. Buy a Ducati you will not be disappointed my brother has a hyperstrada

I spent most of my "play money" on the bike and motor for my car. lol If I do trade it in it will be for something similar to my old bike. The CBR650F is very similar to the F2/F3 I was very familiar with.

They wanted to give me $4000. I told them where to go. I even bought the bike there and it has like 200 miles on it and $2K worth of goodies on it. Not a single scratch. I will try craigslist or keep it. I am just mad at myself.

Aftermarket items add squat to sale / trade value in the motorcyle world unfortunately. Just makes it more tempting to potential buyers.

I love the bike's looks and ridability just not its freeway manners. But not gonna just unload the bike. I posted a craigslist add. We'll see.

Someone is coming to look at my bike today. We'll see what happens. Sounds like he wanted to do the same mods I did. He will make out on the deal.

What happened? Is there something you can do to the bike to make it more freeway friendly? (Screen, gearing change, etc..)

I added a screen. I think partially I simply want something closer to my old bike. The guy that saw my bike yesterday is supposed to buy it today. We will both benefit from the deal.

Aftermarket items add squat to sale / trade value in the motorcyle world unfortunately. Just makes it more tempting to potential buyers.
Thank you, the banks don't recognize aftermarket stuff and my bank told me they go by what Kelly Blue Book says a vehicle is worth so good luck getting all your money back.

Beemer

Sold it for $7500. Not too upset. Thanks for all the helpful information!
Sold it to a cool guy.  I think he will really enjoy the bike.  I told him to check this forum out.

Archived