The MT-07 Forum

OES Frame Sliders are ready!

Cruizin

MarylandFZ07
It is cheaper to order them from the website instead of eBay. At least it was when I ordered mine. I saved $5.
+ditto on ordering straight from the site. I just received mine today in blue. can't wait to throw them on.

Anyone going for the rear spools?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out them on as well... Pretty easy... It took longer for me to find my torque wrench than actually putting them on... Looks sweet as well...

ne3e8u2e.jpg

ny8anate.jpg

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

Ordered mine on Tuesday got them today and install took about 5 mins! The red logos look great with my red bike. Definitely worth the $ just for the peace of mind if/when I drop the bike.

rapidredfz07

Just installed them, along with the front and rear axle sliders. The directions were easy to follow and took about 30 minutes to install.

[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Was taking a 35 MPH corner at 70 and the rear tire slipped out on a road snake.
Dislike. Glad you're all right.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I want these sliders but I have a question:

I read that our engine is a stressed member of the frame so by putting these on will it weaken or compromise the frame in any way? I noticed that the Yamaha issued sliders are put in a different spot. That makes me think we shouldn't be messing around with that bolt. Yet again, that unfinished hole seems ripe for a slider. Thanks for all input!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

There is a metal sleeve in the slider and the bolts are high grade. Just make sure you torque them as specified. I just checked the torque on mine yesterday and they were good after 400 mile. Make sure you just do one at a time.

I want these sliders but I have a question: 
I read that our engine is a stressed member of the frame so by putting these on will it weaken or compromise the frame in any way? I noticed that the Yamaha issued sliders are put in a different spot. That makes me think we shouldn't be messing around with that bolt. Yet again, that unfinished hole seems ripe for a slider. Thanks for all input!
I never seen a frame with those holes before. I believe their intended purposes were for frame sliders. 

• Global Moderator

I do not know that they were intended for frame slider placement as the Yamaha sliders do not fit there. I definetly think that the frame is shouting for something to be there. It is the only part of the bike that I think looks unfinished. I had ordered the OES sliders before my bike arrived and have been very happy with them.

• Premium Member

Ordered mine the other day, just waiting on them to arrive. Was going to do the whole kit but ended up just getting the frame pieces.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

I do not know that they were intended for frame slider placement as the Yamaha sliders do not fit there. I definetly think that the frame is shouting for something to be there. It is the only part of the bike that I think looks unfinished. I had ordered the OES sliders before my bike arrived and have been very happy with them.
My second choice was for a sidecar attachment ;) 

Guys and Gals, I fully recommend the OES Frame sliders. They are built by a family of racers, and when you go to the track, you see tons of their frame sliders on race team's bikes. 
I have em on my FZ-09 and love em! Easy to install and the price is right.

Everyone drops their bike at least once, or even worse, goes down. These can save you a TON of Money!

Ebay Link
i'm in for a set. Thanks!

Order a set Sunday got them Wednesday and installed Thursday Super cake but remember the loctite
IMG_20140725_192428_887_zpslrbu7cig.jpg

Thanks for the pic...  Looks like the blue on the frame sliders is more of a light blue?  I have the liquid graphite/blurple bike like yours, but I'm not sure about the look of the blue label on the sliders.  I think I'll just go with the white logo to be safe.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

So I contacted OES through eBay and they recommended I get the white decals, so I placed my order for them today. I also dropped a note that I have heard great things about their product on this site - had to get a plug in for the admins ;)

Thanks! I invited them to be a supporting vendor and they declined. Then I asked about a group discount an they never replied.

I love their products and hope that they truly enjoy their free advertising on fz07.org.

• Global Moderator
Thanks! I invited them to be a supporting vendor and they declined. Then I asked about a group discount an they never replied.  
I love their products and hope that they truly enjoy their free advertising on fz07.org.
This is the exact reason why I haven't bought a set yet.  O_o

Probably true. The least we can do as members is give the site a shout-out though. Maybe they will come around when they start seeing how many folks get referred to them from here.

Archived