The MT-07 Forum

OES Frame Sliders are ready!

Cruizin

Guys and Gals, I fully recommend the OES Frame sliders. They are built by a family of racers, and when you go to the track, you see tons of their frame sliders on race team's bikes.

I have em on my FZ-09 and love em! Easy to install and the price is right.

Everyone drops their bike at least once, or even worse, goes down. These can save you a TON of Money!

Ebay Link

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Nice, thanks for sharing. They look good. I winder how they look on the bike.

Too bad shipping to Canada usually kill every good deal I see on eBay.

And yes, already dropped it once.

Guest montana07

These look pretty good, and quite a bit cheaper than the R&G Racing sliders I installed. Wish I had known these we're coming, probably would have waited but I wanted sliders asap

• Global Moderator

Montana, how was the installation. I was wondering if putting the new bolt in was any trouble. I think that is the bolt holding the engine and frame together and was concerned if it did not stay aligned while the bolt is out it might be tough to get the new bolt in.

I think I am going to order the OES sliders. They look good and I really think the open tube looks unfinished (that is the only part of the bike I do not care for, and it is easily fixed with a set of frame sliders).

Guest montana07

Super easy, less than 5 minutes. I had that concern as well since I was going to be doing it on the side stand. He didn't think it would be an issue and it wasn't. I would do one side at a time though, leaving the other sides bolt in.

• Global Moderator

Thanks. I am going to order a set. I will probably have the sliders before I get my bike :(

• Premium Member

Noticed they are $5 cheaper if get direct from OES Accessories site! I think I will get a set tonight they look better than the R&G ones I saw posted on here. How much were the R&G ones?

• Global Moderator

I noticed the OES site was cheaper. It says free domestic shipping too. That is where I am getting them.

Can someone who has them installed post photos please :)

Guest montana07

R&G sliders are expensive, $119. But they get good reviews and were the only sliders that I could find in the US. I don't love the look of them, but they appear to be well designed and quality product, but hopefully I never have to find out for sure.

They look pretty good! And the price is tempting.
Wondering if they can be combined with the OEM frame sliders, since they seem to slot into 2 different places. Would this be pointless?

• Global Moderator

I ordered the OEC frame sliders. Do I need to consider anything else as protection if I drop my bike? I figure it is easier to spend a couple of hundred now than have to buy parts later. I am just not sure what I need.

Thanks.

Ok, ordered them too. Compared to factory ones they are just a fraction of the price.
And I am not sure I like (but I am no expert) the way the factory ones go over the crank case cover...So, easy decision.

• 2 weeks later...
Order a set Sunday got them Wednesday and installed Thursday
Super cake but remember the loctite
IMG_20140725_192428_887_zpslrbu7cig.jpg

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

• Global Moderator

The instructions just say to torque them to 35 ft-lbs. is loc-title necessary if they are torqued properly?

• Premium Member

Can't leave us hanging like that.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Guest montana07
Can't leave us hanging like that.
He mentioned in another thread that he was trying to get them on board as a vendor, they declined, so he tried to set up a group buy and they haven't responded.  This is after sending quite a few orders their way from the forum.  I'm guessing it's that. 

I learned that you loctite everything after an unfortunate accident with

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

Product info from the OES site that addresses the question of whether thread locker is needed for their frame sliders:
www.oesaccessories.com/OESdifference.html

• Global Moderator

Thanks for the link, Incognito. I think I will just do a wet torque as per the instructions. I was not sure if loc-title would affect the torque values as it is not lubricating like oil.

I ordered a set of OES Frame Sliders for my bike, and like a noob did not notice they came in blue, so got the red ones for my gray bike. I messaged OES on their ebay store thinking I would need to send these back, wait, then have them send me new ones. I was VERY happy when they not only replied the same day, but also offered to just send me some free blue stickers to cover the red OES on the sliders.

Also, the sliders look awesome, easy to install, and they sent them with free shipping

2 thumbs up to OES!!!!!

• Global Moderator

It is cheaper to order them from the website instead of eBay. At least it was when I ordered mine. I saved $5.

Archived