The MT-07 Forum

Is it bad suffering from withdrawals from ridding your fz07?

andistyr

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Dang that's cold, break out the hot buttered rum! Is your snowmobile running yet?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Yeah, no kidding. It's pretty much dead quiet outside. People stay inside until this clears up, then we'll be busy shovelling.

No, my friend is still working on fixing the snowmobile. With a bit of luck I will be able to take it out this week.

These are pics I took out the window as we speak.

IMG_1529.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg

SouthernSpeed

You guys ever ride a snow mobile to get your fix in the winter?  Never ridden one but imagine it would be a lot like a jet ski and almost as good as a motorcycle.   I also saw a guy that had drilled screws into his cafe racer tires to ride it in the snow, seemed kinda crazy though

EDIT, whoops just saw those last 2 post, I would imagine that might ease the pain

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

• Global Moderator

Most definitely. It's the only way to get through the winter if you are a gear head like me. It is quite a rush. When I started sledding, I couldn't believe this was actually legal and I kept on looking over my shoulder. I usually stay on trails we have a lot of lakes here and it is perfectly fine to go full throttle there. It's risky and quite expensive to do but there's no substitute.

This is my machine. It's a 120HP 3 cylinder 4 stroke, much like a the engine of a FZ09.

IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0184a.JPG

fooschnickens

That poor bike >:

I've definitely been missing riding. Been out of the saddle for close to a year while I saved my pennies, then pulled the trigger last week. Thankfully the weather isn't dreadfully bad, but it's still well outside what my gear is capable of handling and I'm in no mood to spend any more money right now XD I basically get my riding fix a few miles at a time when there's sunshine out!

• Global Moderator

This is getting ridiculous.  B-|
On the bright side, my snowmobile is ready so I will be able to go out soon. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-05%20at%208.33.10%20PM.jpg

• Premium Member

I rode to work today, and rode home. In between, I was suffering from withdrawals (somewhat suppressed buy a 20 mile road bicycle ride at lunch).
It's been ridiculously warm here for early Feb. It was over 60 today (normally upper 30s or low 40s).

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Whoa @vi5a! IS there really a bike in there somewhere?!

Can't believe all the snow that's happening!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Yea, the most snow in New England I've seen in the 8 years I've lived here. Something like 3 feet of it in a day. Still haven't had a chance or motivation to shovel my bike out of the shelter.

I hate winter. In the Mid-south of Va, I can generally get a couple of rides a week in during the winter. However....recent weather has TOTALLY sucked. And it hit immediately after I picked up my FZ!!!!

GRRRR.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

It was so warm here this past weekend that I considered wearing my air jacket instead of my leathers.

My sympathies to our oppressed brethren in climate-challenged areas. Stay warm.

I had surgery just before Christmas to repair a torn tendon in my throttle arm.  They immobilized my wrist and partiall my right elbow for nearly eight weeks.  When I got out of my cast, The temp soared to 67 degrees in Kansas City two weeks ago and I was thrilled to take it out for an afternoon.

Now, it's about 15 degrees and snowy out so it's back on the tender.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

Still no end in sight. It has been a bit of a struggle so far. After a 12 hour power outage it was slightly warmer today. So I got the chance to do the driveway. But hey are calling for colder weather again. i don't see myself riding anytime soon. :(

IMG_1550.jpg

• Global Moderator

@Guru, I hate to tell you I just got back from a two hour ride. It is a cloudless day here with temperatures in the mid 40's.

Up here, really, up here, we had the worst month of February ever. The coldest in 115 years. The average temp was -15.2°C (4.6°F). It's 13°F colder than normal. My earliest riding season started March 16th (2012). For the last 20 years, usually, my bike see the sunlight in mid april. But this year, with this cold weather that doesn't seem to end, i'd be happy if i can start riding in the end of April.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

pantheraleo

Ugh. I don't know how you Northerners do it.

February was a beast even in the south, too. Only a couple of rideable days, and those were very cold. But today, the temp in Va was 62....I left work early to take a very pleasant 3 hour ride!

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

I sold my Ninja 650 in May and moved back to PA in June and didn't have work until Sept so i put off buying a bike and am waiting for the weather to warm up and pick up my 07 as I am pretty much set on this bike. My only taste of freedom was on 110cc bikes over Xmas and New years :(

• Global Moderator

Just great. This is what I wake up to this morning  confused-37.gif

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-06%20at%207.06.16%20AM.png

• Global Moderator

When I saw it was you I figured it was -17°C, which would be bad enough. -17°F is brutal. It is a good thing your bike is inside. It would hate you forever if it had to be out in that :).

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Just great. This is what I wake up to this morning  confused-37.gif 
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-06%20at%207.06.16%20AM.png

Ugh, I can't even imagine how cold that is! Supposed to get 74° today. But you'll be able to laugh at us this summer when we have water rationing.

Archived