The MT-07 Forum

Is it bad suffering from withdrawals from ridding your fz07?

andistyr

It's been 2 going on 3 days since I have ridden my fz-07. I am suffering badly from withdrawals but with temps down in the teens and twenty's with snow and ice on the way. Looks like no ridding the rest of the week. I am looking at Monday before I can get to ride again. I might have to go out and sit on my bike making motorcycle noises.

I don't know how you people up North can do it for weeks or months at a time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is perfectly normal buddy. Just be happy you can go back out on Monday. I'm in Buffalo NY and my bike has been put away for over a month and will be at least another 2 months before I can ride again. I'm going through the same thing but I have a hell of a lot longer to deal with. Haha Just remember, it could always be worse! you could be me! ;-)

It's been 2 going on 3 days since I have ridden my fz-07. I am suffering badly from withdrawals but with temps down in the teens and twenty's with snow and ice on the way. Looks like no ridding the rest of the week. I am looking at Monday before I can get to ride again. I might have to go out and sit on my bike making motorcycle noises.  

Living up here, you simply put up with it. Do they spread any sand or salt on the roads down there or not?

I am in Nashville, seems like most days we have in the 40's are cloudy and look like it will rain any minute...I think most of us are in this boat

But I keep looking at the weather channel 10 day forecast hoping :) :)

Living up here, you simply put up with it. Do they spread any sand or salt on the roads down there or not?

Yeah they use both sand and salt. So I usually drive a few days after to see how the roads are with the sand and salt before I ride again.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I hope there are some ride-able days or a short winter for our climate-challenged members!

:::::I will not gloat, I will not gloat, I will not gloat:::::   :-X

Illegitimi non carborundum

I hope there are some ride-able days or a short winter for our climate-challenged members! 
The thing is, There are ride-able days up here, but if people are like me, they won't take their bike out because of the salt on the road. Salt causes so much rust and damage I don't even want Zoey to know what it is, let alone be subjected to driving in it.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

My family and I went up to Livingston Montana for 8 days for Christmas vacation and it was so cold nobody could go out and do anything. Negative 23 degrees with wind chill. The true definition of cabin fever. The first thing I did yesterday was get on my bike and ride, it was low 50's with heavy wind but I have a true appreciation of our weather in SoCal.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
The thing is, There are ride-able days up here, but if people are like me, they won't take their bike out because of the salt on the road. Salt causes so much rust and damage I don't even want Zoey to know what it is, let alone be subjected to driving in it.
In that case please enjoy this video from a ride a few of us went on to the coast a few days ago. We rode through the redwoods, some coastal ranchland then yes, that's the Pacific Ocean on our left! 
http://vid1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/Pacific%20run_zps1lv9ghxi.mp4

rotaryryan24

I haven't been able to ride for the last two weeks and I'm feeling withdrawal,
all work and no riding make ryan go crazy. It was 17 degrees this morning, for so cal that's like -50 degrees for you east coasters.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

It was 39 here in the panhandle of Florida at 6am when I left for work I still pulled the bike out and rode to work

I am in Nashville, seems like most days we have in the 40's are cloudy and look like it will rain any minute...I think most of us are in this boat 
But I keep looking at the weather channel 10 day forecast hoping :) :)
Pretty much the same here in Memphis.  I just get out when I can and when I can't I have other bikes I ride - mountain bikes - or I go for a run.  

Sunday has some potential...

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
My wife and I bought a brand new Honda 750 Sabre in 1982, it rained for 3 mos. straight! Talk about with drawls.
A buddy of mine bought one of those used.  He let me ride it and was fun, but that bike was heavy as hell for it's size....like trying to stop a train lol.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I feel everyone's pain of rider withdraw. I haven't ridden my 07 for about three weeks since I put it away for winter. Although, the winter hasn't been that bad as of yet in the Philly area.
By mid March it'll be back on the road. In the meanime, I'm looking forward to adding some upgrades in the next few months; Fender eliminator, lower sub cowl, maybe bar end mirrors... I did install the M4 exhaust in October. And it might be that exhaust note I miss the most. 

• Premium Member

I havent ridden since Nov4th, its going to be a long haul till spring

• 4 weeks later...

It has been warm enough to ride so yesterday 110 mile loop that included the towns of Snelling, Hornitas, Bear valley, Coulerville and back through La Grange Waterford then back home. Their were lots people braving the cold, in exchange for fun of riding. It nice to live in California bike has 433 total miles, almost time for oil change. Needs a louder horn and swich location

• Global Moderator

Imagine how I feel. I put my bike in storage on November 2nd. If I'm lucky I can be back in the saddle in April..   ???

Imagine how I feel. I put my bike in storage on November 2nd. If I'm lucky I can be back in the saddle in April..   ???
Same here...

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I don't want to imagine how any of you feel, I would probably have to start drinking heavily or something............. :-S

It's much better if you guys imagine how 'we who can ride during the winter' are feeling instead!   8-)

Hey, I tried to include you winter-challenged folk in the riding game by saying your bike in the garage on life support (battery tender) with major parts removed but y'all didn't rise to it.  :-[

I do feel for you and try not to gloat too much.  :|

Archived