The MT-07 Forum

Rear wheel questions

fairorth

I'm looking at the rear wheel and there is a difference between the right and left. Is this normal?

On the very center of the wheel, on the chain side of the wheel, there is a treaded bolt in the middle. On the other side that is missing, there is just a hole. Is this right?

I'm looking at this because I'm trying to get the spools so I can use the rear stand I just picked up, but the spools I saw at the cycle shop had 6mm screw on them and that doesn't appear to work at all.

Thanks in advance!

Marc

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

That is perfectly normal if I'm understanding you. I have the sliders that are connected via a threaded tube going through the hollow axle. This mates with the slider to accept the rear stand. The only problem is that if you want to use it to adjust the chain, it's worthless because you cant get at the axle nut to loosen so you can adjust the chain. Here is a really nice option however it is really expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-07-Billet-Chain-Adjuster-With-Spools-Genuine-Accessory-Titanium-FZ-07-/301294799741

Archived