The MT-07 Forum

Custom only FZ-07 pictures!

belleau1977

• Premium Member
I like this, very subtle, you think about some blue rim tape?
Yes, I have, have some left over from the tank job but before I got around to doing it someone here, I think it was Guru, linked me a site that has some excellent 'reflective' blue tape that is pre-curved to make the job easier AND the reflective quality for the color blue is the best I've seen yet, for like 30 sumthin' bucks on Amazon. I'm wondering now if that reflective tape will actually look better than the flat blue on the tank, it would match the anodized blue on the grips/levers better since they're kinda shiny but I don't want to go into gaudy mode and make it look like one of my Nickelodeon nightmares, though, so I'm being cautious and giving that minds eye a good workout. Any thoughts on that, flat or shiny on tank?
That was I who directed you to customtaylor33 ;) 
And it may look kind of gaudy on the tank, but the main problem would be that it is curved, so unless you want to make a pattern using curved pieces, you are SOL -- BUT, I thought I read somewhere that customtaylor33 can also make custom die cuts, logos, etc from that same reflective tape.  Try reaching out to him.  He is also on Facebook and Ebay (just hit the googles)

Yes, I have, have some left over from the tank job but before I got around to doing it someone here, I think it was Guru, linked me a site that has some excellent 'reflective' blue tape that is pre-curved to make the job easier AND the reflective quality for the color blue is the best I've seen yet, for like 30 sumthin' bucks on Amazon. I'm wondering now if that reflective tape will actually look better than the flat blue on the tank, it would match the anodized blue on the grips/levers better since they're kinda shiny but I don't want to go into gaudy mode and make it look like one of my Nickelodeon nightmares, though, so I'm being cautious and giving that minds eye a good workout. Any thoughts on that, flat or shiny on tank?
That was I who directed you to customtaylor33 ;) 
And it may look kind of gaudy on the tank, but the main problem would be that it is curved, so unless you want to make a pattern using curved pieces, you are SOL -- BUT, I thought I read somewhere that customtaylor33 can also make custom die cuts, logos, etc from that same reflective tape.  Try reaching out to him.  He is also on Facebook and Ebay (just hit the googles)
Oops, sorry! Yep, that curve did cross my mind and thanks for the tip!

Beemer

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

[attachment id=241" thumbnail="1]

Yamaha Root.  I think the seat thing is absolutely hideous, but the rest of the bike is very cool. Its just an FZ07 thats been bobbed. Clipon bars, plastics & tail section removed, and discs installed in the wheels.

I'd like to replicate it, but the seat has to go, and I'd need to come up with very small battery and a place to hide most of the electronics.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Yamaha Root.  I think the seat thing is absolutely hideous, but the rest of the bike is very cool. Its just an FZ07 thats been bobbed. Clipon bars, plastics & tail section removed, and discs installed in the wheels.

I'd like to replicate it, but the seat has to go, and I'd need to come up with very small battery and a place to hide most of the electronics.

What in the world?

Would you just lay on top of the bike?? Wind protection?

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I guess the backstory would be helpful...

Yamahaw handed a bike to its engineers who usually make pianos and trumpets. This is the bike they came up with. It was some sort of cross-polination "think outside the box" engineering experiment.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
phicurious86

That's a cool project. Would be interesting to see what other kinds of structural engineers would do to a motorcycle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
belleau1977

Look what I just found and only 109€ so like $130 I'm guessing. Doesn't look bad I like the red decals. This is the tame down version of what I want but for the price I'd be all over it. I love the full blown vinyl wrap look but the price I was quoted of $600-$800 I'll pass. I'd rather put that on a SC exhaust.

http://www.idgrafix.fr/en/78-moto-route-yamaha

• Premium Member
belleau1977

Got some custom graphics pictures I found of the FZ-07.

[attachment id=310" thumbnail="1][attachment id=311" thumbnail="1][attachment id=312" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
belleau1977

Few more custom designs.

[attachment id=314" thumbnail="1][attachment id=315" thumbnail="1][attachment id=313" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
belleau1977

[attachment id=316" thumbnail="1][attachment id=317" thumbnail="1][attachment id=319" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=318" thumbnail="1]

• Global Moderator
haven't seen this on the forum yet, not a picture.. hope that's OK with you guys: 

Damn, i kinda wanna get a hold of gilles and beg them to swap bikes with me

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
belleau1977

[attachment id=376" thumbnail="1]

That Gilles bike is sick. So much custom stuff on there... Some kind of front fork retrofit and custom rear rotor. Do you think our bikes will ever get nice bolt-on aftermarket rotors like those?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• 1 year later...
  • Global Moderator

I havent gone as far as @enupe
But here is my contribution so far

b63fdd4334d6884cc91f067799f494b9.jpg

c651069647d1e9fa76071e2582d0a0b5.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived