The MT-07 Forum

Custom only FZ-07 pictures!

belleau1977

• Premium Member

Like the title said only pictures of custom FZ-07 bikes so let's see those custom paint jobs, vinyl wraps, garage made creations so we can all get some ideas as to what these bikes can actually look like. Here's some pictures I've founf on the Internet of custom FZ-07's. Hope the link works?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Belleau1977/embed/slideshow/Custom%20FZ-07"></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Belleau1977/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

• Premium Member
Love the Yamaha colored one on the first link
Any doubts I have about even thinking of buying a FZ-07'when I get back to the states in 7 months I just look at that yamaha colored one in blue/white/black and I get sold all over again on why I like this bike. 

• Premium Member
Very cool thread! Those are some great looking bikes! 
:)

- Paulie
And that my good sir is why I made this thread. I know I'm not the only one on here trying to find those one of a kind unique bikes that someone with some skill or deep pockets had the opportunity to make something awesome. I hope other members on here add to this thread and we all can see how cool the FZ-07 can look. I feel like yamaha should have put some graphics on the bike or at least an option. Right now I have yet to find any custom graphics out yet for this bike but hope there will be soon.

• Premium Member

I keep going back and forth over how I want mine to look. I came up with my final design a while ago based off a 50th Anniversary Moto GP theme, but I have some more ideas I want to explore before I pull the trigger :)

- Paulie

I like that Yamaha made such an awesome bike, at such a low price point and then left the rest up to us. Anything more they may have added would have raised the price.

One of us may make it into a track bike, one of us may make it into a lightweight sport tourer and others will try to make it into a custom squid bike lol.

It's up to each one of us to take it where we want to. and many will just ride it stock and still have just as much fun.

Bone stock, still one of the greatest bikes ever made.

• 2 weeks later...

The only one that isn't a disfiguration of Yamaha's brilliant factory product is the second - in red-and-white. The others are hideous. The first looks like a 5 year-old spilled blue ink over it.

But that's just one person's opinion.

The best-looking one is the white/red one with the white wheels.
Looks great, and I think it's very tastefully done.

Good luck keeping the wheels clean-looking, though, especially the rear wheel, and doubly especially if you actually put miles on it.
I owned a brandy-new 1994 YZF750RF with then-trendy bright yellow wheels back in the day, and cleaning the road dirt off the wheels was a daily job unless you liked showing road grime over the wheel paint that stood out like a sore thumb.
I think of wheels like that as "paint lifters" because you will clean the rear wheel so often, you stand a good chance of eventually wearing the paint off it. :)

The second-best-looking is the white/blue with the black and white Yamaha "speed stripe".
Another one with good taste.

• Premium Member

My favorite is the blue/white/black combo. Looking at that does make me want to buy an FZ-07 here in six months. Second choice is the red/white/black combo. I agree the grey bike with the techno theme is different? I don't mind it so much but I'd rather have something more racy looking.

Like the title said only pictures of custom FZ-07 bikes so let's see those custom paint jobs, vinyl wraps, garage made creations so we can all get some ideas as to what these bikes can actually look like. Here's some pictures I've founf on the Internet of custom FZ-07's. Hope the link works?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Belleau1977/embed/slideshow/Custom%20FZ-07"></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Belleau1977/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Wow. The yamaha blue/white one, and the red/white one.....just wow. I need one of those for mine. 

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• Global Moderator

Some of those look really good, but those license plates would look big on a semi. Doing a tidy tail and then putting a massive license plate on it seems a waste.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
belleau1977

Found some cool MT-07 designs on this Facebook page.

image.jpg1_zpsusaubeet.jpg

• Global Moderator

@effzee, what did you do to the side panels? I am not sure that is my style but it is interesting. Did you paint the exhaust? I like the look of that being black.

I only did it to the one side, used exhaust wrap, painted it to look old and cut it in strips and used resin to apply it.
I'm not sure about it either but it stays for now. The exhaust I did flat black, used metal die and a wire brush on the tip to darken it.
I like the exhaust in black much more.

• Premium Member
belleau1977
My Canadian wife has an Aunt, Uncle, and cousins we stayed with in Kinston while we were getting her green card interview done in Montreal Quebec. Nice town, I'd say we'd have to go for a ride next time we come up but her main family lives in Parry Sound and Goderich.

Ah yeah Perry sound is about 7 hours north of me. What about your other wife? Does she know you have a Canadian wife?? :)

• Premium Member
belleau1977

No other wife right now I'm bike less for the next three months.

Ok, here's mine so far.

[attachment id=236" thumbnail="1][attachment id=237" thumbnail="1][attachment id=238" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

I am thinking of stickerbombing my FZ. I love this black and white job here:
10607927_842647485765981_408438943_n.jpg$_27.JPG

I think black and white looks better than color:

attachment.php?attachmentid=657&d=1406879341

Previously I had stickerbombed a classic scooter I had and it took 40+ hours because I cut out each individual sticker so there were no white borders. It was very clean, but tedious. It also had a very textured feel to it despite layers of clear. Afterwards I realized I could scan in and use other images from the internet and print out a vinyl wrap of my own. Something like this:

Bombed.jpg
Bombedbw.jpg

I would have to redesign it to make it look good in B&W

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

too lazy to post pics.... so go google-up "yamaha root". it might look familiar ;)

-HowWorkClutch

Ok, here's mine so far. 

I like this, very subtle, you think about some blue rim tape?
Yes, I have, have some left over from the tank job but before I got around to doing it someone here, I think it was Guru, linked me a site that has some excellent 'reflective' blue tape that is pre-curved to make the job easier AND the reflective quality for the color blue is the best I've seen yet, for like 30 sumthin' bucks on Amazon. I'm wondering now if that reflective tape will actually look better than the flat blue on the tank, it would match the anodized blue on the grips/levers better since they're kinda shiny but I don't want to go into gaudy mode and make it look like one of my Nickelodeon nightmares, though, so I'm being cautious and giving that minds eye a good workout. Any thoughts on that, flat or shiny on tank?

Beemer

I like this, very subtle, you think about some blue rim tape?
Yes, I have, have some left over from the tank job but before I got around to doing it someone here, I think it was Guru, linked me a site that has some excellent 'reflective' blue tape that is pre-curved to make the job easier AND the reflective quality for the color blue is the best I've seen yet, for like 30 sumthin' bucks on Amazon. I'm wondering now if that reflective tape will actually look better than the flat blue on the tank, it would match the anodized blue on the grips/levers better since they're kinda shiny but I don't want to go into gaudy mode and make it look like one of my Nickelodeon nightmares, though, so I'm being cautious and giving that minds eye a good workout. Any thoughts on that, flat or shiny on tank?
I like the color that is on the tank now, if it is shiny, I would go that option as it is not loud nor does it stand out to much

Archived