The MT-07 Forum

San Diego North County Julian Breakfast and pie cruise?

mericc

• Premium Member

Haha. Have fun. I have some work to do as well. Maybe next time!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Did this ride occur? Whens the next one :D
Right? It's looking like I might be free for a Sunday or Monday ride...

• Premium Member

^^I'm assuming you got Monday off? Scobi and I are riding that day if you're interested I'm sure we can figure out a small meet up?

And I'm actually riding to Julian on Sunday with another friend (got a big HD cruiser) but I'm keeping that closed invite since it's my first time up to Julian so it's probably not very fun for the advanced riders.

I'm heading to Idyllwild on Saturday, and I think I'll be out all day tomorrow trying to see how far up the 1 I can get in a day.

• Premium Member
^^I'm assuming you got Monday off? Scobi and I are riding that day if you're interested I'm sure we can figure out a small meet up?  
And I'm actually riding to Julian on Sunday with another friend (got a big HD cruiser) but I'm keeping that closed invite since it's my first time up to Julian so it's probably not very fun for the advanced riders.
Haha, where do you and Scobi plan on going? A small meet up would be cool, especially if I'll be riding Sunday. 

• Premium Member

@motomeek, We had tentatively planned Julian but he wasn't feeling well so I ended up riding it myself. So enjoyable despite being very uneventful. For me, there's always two sides to getting stuck behind cars; 1. it's good--keeps me out of trouble 2. it's terrible--tend to space out when I'm a lemming. It was [HASH]2 that lead me to my first "grabbing" at the front brakes when the cars were slowing up a surprising amount for a corner and in the moment of me realizing the slow down ahead it caught me by surprise causing me to grab my front brakes. What a terrible sensation.

Did you end up riding?

• Premium Member
@motomeek, We had tentatively planned Julian but he wasn't feeling well so I ended up riding it myself. So enjoyable despite being very uneventful. For me, there's always two sides to getting stuck behind cars; 1. it's good--keeps me out of trouble 2. it's terrible--tend to space out when I'm a lemming. It was [HASH]2 that lead me to my first "grabbing" at the front brakes when the cars were slowing up a surprising amount for a corner and in the moment of me realizing the slow down ahead it caught me by surprise causing me to grab my front brakes. What a terrible sensation.  
Did you end up riding?
Aw, glad you came out of that okay. I've had my share of close calls with a nice grab of front brake.  
Some unplanned things stopped my from going. 
I ended up just doing a nice wash/clean/lube on the bike and then cleaning/conditioning all my leathers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, whose up for a group ride #2? Hows everyones schedule? Thinking of late april or may?

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Archived