The MT-07 Forum

Late coming pics

jimlpx99

OK, I've been procrastinating posting my pics. I never intended this to take on a touring look; it just developed; I just needed these additions for my own practical needs. bouncing around town and local highway trips. Didn't need it to look like a Sport Bike but do like it feeling like a Sport Bike. :) Includes: Puig Touring II windscreen (top is at my chin level), Puig large visor (will rise to nose if needed), mirror extenders, phone/gps bracket (Ram Mount), cigarette lighter charger (Battery Tender run under gas tank to Tender Connector on battery - see to the right of display), Barkbusters handguards, original Yamaha rear rack, SHAD 39L topcase. Just need some side cases but want something relatively thin and secure.

Dropbox link to pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ehfy2bkstpacs7s/AAC2Z01Y2SwQjEy0x6PPUiQ9a?dl=0

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Good job, I like it. I have a question about that tail case. How does it affect the handling with so much weight high and rear of the axle?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Good job, I like it. I have a question about that tail case. How does it affect the handling with so much weight high and rear of the axle?
I haven't had it long enough to significantly test but 15 lbs of dog food was unnoticeable.  I think the case itself is another 6 lbs.  I'm about 210 and I suspect if I had 40-50 lbs back there, I'd know it.  I have not experienced any aerodynamic impact and have been up to 80 mph with it but I'm sure my height and windscreen also provide influence.

Looks like @phyciocc has some competition.
Cool.  The great thing about these naked bikes is that you can clothe it however you want and, if needed, strip it back down to its original self.

Archived