The MT-07 Forum

Loving my fz-07

worker1

I had a chance to take my first long ride today in the mountains. The bike feels great. I feel very planted like I have a lot of feel for handling and steering. I still feel very cautious and a little timid after I totaled my fz09 last month. I purchased the fz07 (red) a few weeks ago instead of replacing the 09. I ride mostly on weekends and commute daily in my car. Yesterday I installed my rear led turn signals, the front LEDs were installed on Saturday. I'm eyeing the Yoshimura fender eliminator but pretty happy with everything. :)
Jj6NDmd.jpg

• Global Moderator

Hi @worker1, great to have you on board. Good looking bike, congrats! Nice to hear that you like it coming from an FZ09. There are some other tail tidy's out there you could consider like the one from RotaryRyan. He makes a great product and he is a supporting vendor. 

Wow totalling your 09 :o  What happened?

I was going around a turn and a raccoon went into the road. I don't remember going down (or getting up). Some guys stopped and called a tow truck. Just got a skinned hip and my neck was sore for a week. The forks and front wheel are bent, handlebars, instruments broken,rear fender broken, possible frame scratch, radiator grill pushed over somehow. Edit: OES frame sliders saved the entire right side. I went down in gravel.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome worker1! Good lookin' bike, glad you're back riding after totaling the 09. Great color choice! Vote here because red is the fastest color.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry to hear abut that man. Are you gonna fix it or did Insurance take it? Shet, this could be an opportunity to get some great fork work doe.

The whole front end needed to be replaced. Insurance offered me a buy back for 4200 dollars. The shop quoted me $5500 to repair necessary damaged parts. Total repair was $7300.

Sorry to hear abut that man. Are you gonna fix it or did Insurance take it? Shet, this could be an opportunity to get some great fork work doe.
The whole front end needed to be replaced. Insurance offered me a buy back for 4200 dollars. The shop quoted me $5500 to repair necessary damaged parts. Total repair was $7300.
At that point you really were just better off getting a new bike.. That's a lot of dough for a totaled bike. The resale value plummeted and for the same price you could basically buy at least more than half the cost of any other new bike. Glad you are ok. Glad you choose the 07. Not so glad you didn't pick Liquid Graphite though..  ;)

Archived