The MT-07 Forum

Best practices?

JazzyL

Hi all, became the 1st time owner of an 07 a few days ago - looking forward to getting into some riding soon.

Was interesting too know if anyone had any suggestions on products or know how on the best way of keeping the down pipes clean.

Mine are looking a bit dull now I was wondering if theres a way of restoring them/making them less dull?

Picture for clarity

Thanks in advance!

PXL_20240716_161255491~3.jpg

• Premium Member
cornerslider

It appears you have the Akrapovic Ti exhaust. I have the same one.... Youshimura makes a stainless steel polishing compound that works AMAZING!!! The headers on your exhaust are actually stainless steel (only the silencer is Ti). It's about $20 for a tube of it. I think I got mine on EBay??? Welcome to the forum-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Hi buddy, thanks for your reply, any recommendation for the cloth/ polishing pad you use

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I just used a cotton rag. Their product is very easy to use.

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

When I used to try to stay on top of that, I used a polishing ball + drill.. SO much faster and easier than doing it by hand. After a while though, I realized they start looking like yours pretty darn quick.. I just let them be now :)

Next time I'll be polishing mine will be before I take pics of the bike to sell it 😆

P.S. LOVE your seat(s)!