The MT-07 Forum

MT-07 2017 -> when oil is warmed up (60+ degrees), N green lamp and N gear indicator are not showing up on the cluster

adikadic

adikadic

So, as explained in the title of this post, whenever my bike gets warm (60+ degrees), N green lamp on the cluster and N gear indicator are not shown on the cluster. It's causing an issue where I'm unable to put down a kickstand to get of off the bike, because it will recognize that the bike is in a gear and it will turn him off.

For example, whenever my oil gets warmed up to e.g. 100 degrees C, I'm not able to put down a kickstand and let the fan kick in to cool the engine. I always need to sit on it and get my balls sweating until it cools down

I have tried these 2 methods:

Is there anything else that I can do? I have searched for other solutions, but it doesn't seem there is anything else.. I'm assuming that maybe one of these 2 afore-mentioned could be faulty..

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8753.JPG

• Global Moderator
Pursuvant
8 hours ago, adikadic said:

...an issue where I'm unable to put down a kickstand... because it will recognize that the bike is in a gear and it will turn him off.

IMG_8753.JPG

The gear position/neutral switch is reporting the bike is in gear when the trans is not. You tried to clean up the switch but it's still reporting bad info. Time for new gear position/neutral switch I expect.

They do go bad, I'm replacing my switch this week, it tweeked out at 90K miles on bike, meter gear position is blank when bike is in 2nd gear

• Like 1

sweetscience

Saw a video where a guy resoldered the wires to the sensor ring.  He removed the casing and the silicone cover, and soldered the contacts.  There were apparant frays in the wires.

Remove the entire sensor from the bike and with a multimeter, check for continuity, or open contacts,  before replacing.