The MT-07 Forum

Quadlock Wireless Charger

Royales83

Hi all! 

Would it be possible to split the AUX plug on the 07? I currently have heated grips on the AUX plug, but looking forward to add a Quadlock wireless charger. I know there are MT090 plug splitters, my question is more about current, wiring and fuses.

Would prefer not buying the 50$ Quadlock smart usb plug or plug it directly on the battery.

Speaking of smart usb plug, Quadlock has two models of wireless charger; usb powered (10W) and 12V-24V hardwired (15W). Is there a model that would charge my Google Pixel 7 better or is the difference not significant?
If not, I guess I'm better off going with the simplest (but more expensive) solution = the smart usb plug (?).

Thanks in advance!

Triple Jim

Yes, there's nothing wrong with splitting the auxiliary power line, as long as the total current you draw is within the rating of that output.  That circuit is rated for only a couple amps if I remember right, so heated grips alone may be pushing your luck.  Check both the circuit rating and the current requirement of the grips and charger.

Royales83

Finally, I looked at how my current USB charger (Quadlock) is plugged in and it is on the ignition so I will order the hardwired wireless charger and plug it in like the old one.

If anyone else is wondering about the AUX plug here is what I found for my heated grips (Koso Apollo) and the Quadlock wireless charger :

image.png.fb5b4acfcb70a95f7d59b219b3e0e48b.png

image.png.81c4633dcac05583d025df509292c3bc.png

I think it would also be a viable solution to plug both into the AUX with a splitter and replace the original 2A with a 7.5A fuse (which I already did when I installed the heated grips).

Triple Jim
21 minutes ago, Royales83 said:

I think it would also be a viable solution to plug both into the AUX with a splitter and replace the original 2A with a 7.5A fuse (which I already did when I installed the heated grips).

Arbitrarily changing the fuse to one with a higher current rating assumes the rest of that circuit can handle the extra current.  Did you verify that all the components that supply that AUX circuit can handle 7.5 amps?

Royales83

Running this setup with no problem for 3 years but what do you suggest? Heated grips have an 4amps built-in fuse so do I need to match that on the bike?