The MT-07 Forum

ECU flash & Airbox tips

Dsvisty

Pulling my stock airbox and putting in a hordpower intake soon. Also getting my ECU flashed by Hord since I live less than an hour away from his business. 

1) Any tips to remove the stock airbox easily, without removing throttle bodies? I might end up cutting it out if it gives too much hassle. 

2) Since I’m getting the flash for the airbox and the carbon Akra, will I be doing damage to my engine if I’m running the tune without the airbox, for a few days until I have the weekend to install it? 

• Premium Member
Evill_Ed

To remove the air box in one piece, you may want to remove the throttle bodies and intake manifolds for clearance. That is how I did mine, the box is still tight to get out, but I was able to remove it without damaging it.

You will be okay with just the tune for a few day.

Ed

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

tomlichu
On 7/17/2024 at 7:33 AM, Dsvisty said:

1) Any tips to remove the stock airbox easily, without removing throttle bodies? I might end up cutting it out if it gives too much hassle. 

It is possible to remove the airbox without cutting it, I do not remember, but there is one side that gives you more clearance when removing it. Just go slow and try different angles.

For tips:

When you reattach your boots, make sure they are fully seated and tightened (but not over tightened). If you notice weird idling behavior and engine lagging behind throttle, check the boots connecting your throttle bodies to the engine and the air box.  I did not, and I had weird idling and engine lag because of air leaks at one of the boots.