The MT-07 Forum

Low profile mirrors

Scott V

I have a 2023 mt07 and need some feedback on a low profile mirror company that I can buy from that would fit into the existing holes. Taking off the factory ones 

Triple Jim

I needed lower mirrors to avoid having to take them off every time I wanted to put the bike in my van.  I went with Rhino bar-end adapters and inexpensive eBay bar-end mirrors.

stainless_mirror_adapter_with_mirror_1024.jpg

Edited by Triple Jim

2 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

I needed lower mirrors to avoid having to take them off every time I wanted to put the bike in my van.  I went with Rhino bar-end adapters and inexpensive eBay bar-end mirrors.

stainless_mirror_adapter_with_mirror_1024.jpg

i’ve heard cheap ones vibrate at high speeds, you experience that with these?

Triple Jim
4 hours ago, logank said:

i’ve heard cheap ones vibrate at high speeds, you experience that with these?

Not at all.  I also have similar mirrors on my 1972 Kawasaki H2, and if anything's going to make a mirror vibrate it's an H2.

Edited by Triple Jim

2 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Not at all.  I also have similar mirrors on my 1972 Kawasaki H2, and if anything's going to make a mirror vibrate it's an H2.

gotcha, im looking for a set of arrow bar end mirrors but I dont wanna cheap out cuz im scared of them vibrating a lot lol

• Premium Member
Terry_b

I went through almost a dozen brands and styles and finally settled on a set of rizoma knockoff "stealth" mirrors. 

Visibility is actually not bad. They seem small but visibility is better than the OEM mirrors in that they aren't blocked by my shoulder and better than bar end mirrors because I don't have to look down and take my eyes off the road. 

PXL_20240612_141601043.MP.jpg

One thing to keep in mind with bar end mirrors: If they require the use of their own bar ends for mounting, those usually have nearly no weight to them. Bar end weights are important.. it's what keeps the vibration down. I've experimented with this going way back to FZ6 (maybe 15 years ago?) .. MT-07 is not nearly as buzzy as small inline 4, but there's still some buzz. 

Of course if your rides are typically short, it's not much of an issue. I like to ride for 3-4 hours when I can. Extra vibration would not be acceptable.

If you have the money though, there's this great option to keep the weight when switching to bar end mirrors: FZ/MT/XSR Threaded Mirror Mount Sliders – RhinoMoto

Triple Jim
10 hours ago, Erci said:

One thing to keep in mind with bar end mirrors: If they require the use of their own bar ends for mounting, those usually have nearly no weight to them. Bar end weights are important.. it's what keeps the vibration down.

That's one reason I went with Rhino bar end mirror adapters.  They are approximately the same weight as the stock bar ends.  The ones that are listed as having "Stainless Steel Finish" are actually solid stainless steel.  The black ones are powder coated mild steel.

https://rhinomoto.com/product/gen-2-fz-mt-xsr-threaded-mirror-mount-sliders/

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1