The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Bolt C-Spec...Way Cool!

scordiaboy515

Yes, I admired the bolt's cool retro looks, but don't like a low rider with stretched out legs. The C-Spec is really cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Pretty rad overall. I was at a HD dealership a few weeks ago and sportsters were running 8 to 10 grand. I imagine this will fall below that mark, and deliver more.

Everything went braap.

If I was into these types of bikes I would go with this one instead.[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNXH_YZ_zY4]
Vulcan S, same engine as the ninja 650. The Yamaha Bolt uses the Star 650 engine (very low power output)

Negative.
The Bolt C Spec is also known as the XVS950CRF, so, it's almost a full liter of displacement.Same engine design as all the other XVS950 models.Doubt it's R1-fast and quick, but more torque and oomph than a V-Star 650.
The V-Star 650 (AKA XVS650) engine was based on a Virago model from 1987, the XV535T (AKA Virago 535).The Virago 535 engine was based on a model from 1983, the 1983 XV500K, years before Yamaha used the V-Star brand name.
The V-Star brand name first appeared with the 1998 XVS650K V-Star Classic and the 1998 XVS650AK V-Star Custom.
The first models with the word "Star" in the name somewhere were the 1996 XVZ1300AH Royal Star and XVZ1300ATH Royal Star Tour Classic models, the V-4 cruisers with the engine based on the V-Max motorcycle sold at that time.

Negative. The Bolt C Spec is also known as the XVS950CRF, so, it's almost a full liter of displacement.Same engine design as all the other XVS950 models.Doubt it's R1-fast and quick, but more torque and oomph than a V-Star 650.
The V-Star 650 (AKA XVS650) engine was based on a Virago model from 1987, the XV535T (AKA Virago 535).The Virago 535 engine was based on a model from 1983, the 1983 XV500K, years before Yamaha used the V-Star brand name.
The V-Star brand name first appeared with the 1998 XVS650K V-Star Classic and the 1998 XVS650AK V-Star Custom.
The first models with the word "Star" in the name somewhere were the 1996 XVZ1300AH Royal Star and XVZ1300ATH Royal Star Tour Classic models, the V-4 cruisers with the engine based on the V-Max motorcycle sold at that time.

thanks. my mistake, didn't do a researche. but it's still a slow bike, good torque but low hp (54 only). It does the 1/4 mile in 14.8 sec, that's as slow as a ninja 250.

Archived