The MT-07 Forum

Checking in from New Hampshire

nhdon

Hi all.
Just wanted to introduce myself and provide a little background about myself and motorcycles.

Grew up in Pennsylvania and after a career in the Navy Submarine Force, settled down in New Hampshire.
I presently work doing Tech Support and R&D for a small Medical Equipment company and previously worked for a firearms manufacturer after leaving the Navy and re-educating in the IT and Information assurance fields.

I started riding at 8 years old with a Sear's Mini Bike and graduated over the years to dirt bikes then street rides.

First street bike was an AMF 350 Sprint single which I purchased when I was 14 years old.
In 1986 I moved to Japan for a billet in the Navy and picked up a Honda CB 250 to get around on. After getting my International MC Licence, I upgraded to a Yamaha FZX-700 Fazer which I returned to the stated with. The Fazer eventually was traded in for a Suzuki Katana 750, which was later traded in for a Suzuki Bandit 1100.  The Bandit didn't last 1000 miles since the seat was like sitting on an old couch, it was traded in for a 1997 Ducati Monster 900.
I lived on the Duc for years, riding  year round except on snow days. While I had the Ducati, I added a Bimota YB-11 and a Triumph Adventurer to the collection.
Time change and some of the bikes had to go but I hung on to the Ducati up until two years ago when but myself and wife lost our jobs due to a factory./business shutdown.  I sold the Ducati off to make ends meet.

Now two years later, I am able to get back into riding and had to weigh many options when selecting a new ride.
Price wasn't the biggest factor, but comfort, weight, and maintenance were at the top of the list. The FZ-07 hit all the marks I was hoping for.
I did look at the 09 but decided the I liked the weight and smaller feel the 07 had so on Veterans Day, myself and the granddaughter made our way to the dealer and picked one out.
Tough buying when winter hits but this will give me time to make some mods.
Can't want to get some long rides in and begin commuting to work daily on this new ride.

• Premium Member

I'm in the same boat or ship lol (US ARMY Clinton years/contractor Afghan) mine is at the dealer till spring so I understand the wait.

Congrats on the new bike! I love red but I have something red picked up a Gr/bl should have got white lol who cares what color when you are on the road!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

I'm in the same boat or ship lol (US ARMY Clinton years/contractor Afghan) mine is at the dealer till spring so I understand the wait.  
Congrats on the new bike! I love red but I have something red picked up a Gr/bl should have got white lol who cares what color when you are on the road!
I would have took any of the colors but they only had red so red it is. 

Congratulations on the purchase of your FZ-07 from another NH resident.

This geezer does not post much because I am still learning a great deal about my FZ-07 from the less seasoned riders here.

I finally found a gas station in NH that has super unleaded at the pumps without ethanol. We do not need the super now but it would have been nice in my CBR600RR and a few of your prior bikes.

Congratulations on the purchase of your FZ-07 from another NH resident.  
This geezer does not post much because I am still learning a great deal about my FZ-07 from the less seasoned riders here.

I finally found a gas station in NH that has super unleaded at the pumps without ethanol. We do not need the super now but it would have been nice in my CBR600RR and a few of your prior bikes.
Hi Sam 
Yeah, not many gas stations around with real fuels.
I use to buy fuel at NHIS on occasion and also some local places have VP Race Fuels

Don't think I'll be needing that with the FZ thought.  Going to leave the performance stock for now.  

• Global Moderator

Hi @nhdon, great to have you on board. Excellent choice on bikes btw. Thanks for sharing.

Archived