The MT-07 Forum

German MT-07

baraban

• Global Moderator

Welcome @baraban, glad you could join our forum. That is a nice MT you've got there. I can see quite a few mods on there. Nice !

Hi Guru,

thank you very much! There are several mods on my MT - the last one will be another exhaust in 2015.

Best regards from Germany!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Damn good job with the bike man, she looks sharp.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Thanks!

The Radiatorguard is a individual selfmade one. We have one guy in the german community who designes and finishes the guards for a reasonable price - for my part I wanted the MT Symbol and my Name on it -> no Problem ;)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome baraban! I can't see your pics from the funky computer I'm on but I'll check them out later. Glad you love the MT/FZ07 like we do!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

these are Highsider victory Mirrors. I see much better then with the OEM ones.

Another way to upgrade your mirrors is to rise them by 30mm - the view is much better then

Best regards!

• Premium Member

Welcome! Nice pics.

How's the visibility with the bar end mirrors? Seem easy enough to see that low while you're riding?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Cheers,

the view in the mirrors is preety good. I have mounted the LSL Streetbar handelbar, so the riding position is more agressive and i lean more forward, so it is very easy to spot fun removing devices in the mirrors ;-)

@Diego: I vinyl wrapped my MT with a 3M Scotchprint foil!

Cheers, 
the view in the mirrors is preety good. I have mounted the LSL Streetbar handelbar, so the riding position is more agressive and i lean more forward, so it is very easy to spot fun removing devices in the mirrors ;-)

@diego: I vinyl wrapped my MT with a 3M Scotchprint foil!
Ok, so I found someone who has wrapped the tank panel! Yay! So I have a couple of questions about that if you don't mind me asking. Was there a lot of heating and stretching the vinyl to conform with the sharp angles of the tank? Or did it all just kind of apply on nicely without stretching? The reason I ask is because I want to get Camouflage vinyl and I'm afraid that if I have to heat and stretch it will distort the pattern of the Camouflage. Thanks!

Cheers panzer,

If I have to be honest I wouldnt wrap the tank panel again by myself. It took about 8 hours. The Edges need a lot of heating and stretching, so I guess camouflag would be very difficult if you wrap for your first time. It is a great oportunity to see if a color works on the MT - but the next time I give it to a professionel car wrapper (~120€) or will give it for a real painting.

Here are some examples from the german community (All wraped by themselfes)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-rBKx_3Z221s/VAjUeOZ9jOI/AAAAAAAAA0c/NPtcf39Kopw/w838-h1117-no/IMG_8475.jpg

20141130_115019_Richtone(HDR).jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/unh7caijplqemo6/DSC_0029%20-%20Kopie.JPG

Best regards

Cheers,

there is a guy in the German MT-07 Board who is manufacturing them at home and sells them to the members!

We have 3 guys who do such things for living, so we are able to "manufacture" such gimmicks.

One guy is working on several Seats to make them more comfy

Best regards

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Cheers, 

there is a guy in the German MT-07 Board who is manufacturing them at home and sells them to the members!

We have 3 guys who do such things for living, so we are able to "manufacture" such gimmicks.

One guy is working on several Seats to make them more comfy:
636f98bb330db403c06855c3d9916cd8.jpg

Best regards
OMG!! I need a seat just like that, I can't find an aftermarket seat without the red stitching here in the US.  Would your friend be willing to sell one or two to us Yanks?

My new exhaust arrived:

RI.jpg

In Germany/EU we have very strict laws for aftermarket exhausts, so we are not able to put every exhaust on the bike.

How is it in the states?

Best regards!

Seat is very cool -- thanks for sharing!

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Cheers, 
this is not an aftermarket seat. You send in your original seat and the guy works out a new look just how you wish your seat to look like - when wished you can upgrade the foam in the seat, so it is more comfy.

In this gallery are some seats:
http://www.designwerkstatt-schmidt.de/galerie.html

Best regards

Looks like he has done it once or twice lol.  The man does damn good work.  Thanks for the link, but does he speak english?  I'd love to send him my seat and get it upgraded, got a few ideas from the pics in the link.

Just have a try! The man is called BERNHARD - a very cool guy. He can print you stars and stripes on your seat if you want to ;-)

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Just have a try! The man is called BERNHARD - a very cool guy. He can print you stars and stripes on your seat if you want to ;-)
Bad Arse!

Archived