The MT-07 Forum

ErMax Customized FZ-07 3 min walkaround

zoopants

Guest August BB

I honestly would've loved to do that if it wasn't for the fact that that is over $1000.00 in painted plastic.

I was just going to get the belly pan but I'm about 75% convinced that it does not fit with the Yoshimura exhaust. That video might have bumped it up to 85%. I was not willing to pay 250 bucks to find out it will not fit.

Although I might very well be interested in getting the rear undertail cover which looks like it comes with the tail tidy based on similar products from them for other motocycles. I was going to say 255 is an appalling price, but if that tailtidy is included, it might be doable if someone doesn't already have one.

• Premium Member

I have the Ermax undertail, and it looks great! Keep in mind It DOES come with the tail tidy, but the holes don't line up for a US license plate. No biggie, just drilled new ones. That, and I bent the angle of it a little more so it's not as vertical. I also installed my turn signals directly on the undertail portion near the license plate LED light instead of on the tail tidy frame as pictured - pain in the butt to get everything in place and all buttoned down, but it cleans up the rear a lot.

:)

- Paulie

Paulie -- can you post a pic of yours finished? Sounds great!

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

• Premium Member
Paulie -- can you post a pic of yours finished? Sounds great!
I hope to have everything back together this weekend, so I'll do my best. 
And I'd like to clarify what I said about it being a pain in the butt to get everything in place...

I meant with the turn signals mounted directly to the undertail.  The actual undertail install is super simple :)

- Paulie

The paintwork looks like it could be a little better. But that's just on the video I have no idea what it looks like in person. I'm picking up a passenger seat delete/cover but I don't know if I should just go get it painted myself or let Ermax do it. @pgeldz do you have any input on the paintwork?

• Premium Member
The paintwork looks like it could be a little better. But that's just on the video I have no idea what it looks like in person. I'm picking up a passenger seat delete/cover but I don't know if I should just go get it painted myself or let Ermax do it. @pgeldz do you have any input on the paintwork?
Not sure of you're talking about the quality of the paintwork itself or the color matching, but my undertail was perfect on all accounts :) 
- Paulie

Not sure of you're talking about the quality of the paintwork itself or the color matching, but my undertail was perfect on all accounts :) 
- Paulie
Sweet thanks for the input. I know they color match well or at least that's what the guy said when I emailed them. I was more worried about the high gloss finish and if it matches the gloss of the bike. The video makes it look more of a matte finish or painted but no wet sanding or buffing. I guess if it is I can always wet sand and buff myself lol

Archived