The MT-07 Forum

Rerouting Cables & Wiring

foxtrotzulu07

foxtrotzulu07
I want to install a new handlebar and/or at least 2" adjustable risers in order to get the bars both higher and closer to the rider.
I assume that the cables and Wiring will have to be relocated in order to accomplish this as my present 1" riser (with NO rerouting) has the cables/wiring fairly tight.
Has anyone relocated the wiring/cables in order to gain more length for risers/or higher handlebars? 

• 1 month later...

sorry, don't have an answer, but I'm interested in the same procedure. Would imagine needing new brake line.  Also, if you have a minute, did you do anything special to get the 1 inch risers to work? I might start with that if there is no problems...thanks a lot. josh

foxtrotzulu07
sorry, don't have an answer, but I'm interested in the same procedure. Would imagine needing new brake line.  Also, if you have a minute, did you do anything special to get the 1 inch risers to work? I might start with that if there is no problems...thanks a lot. josh
Did not have to do anything special OTHER than raise the instruments.

Made a new "bracket" out of the black plastic rear fender mudflap from a BMW 800ST.  Could have made it out of aluminum but didn't have any.

Archived