The MT-07 Forum

Talk to me about gloves...

ch3rryghost

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Got me a pair of these last year  (Icon Compound Mesh) 

CompoundMeshShortGreyFront_detail.jpg

Not terrible, but could be more comfortable -- the right one is rather snug to get on and off, but they get good ventilation (I live near Phoenix) and are very grippy.

• 2 months later...
badpolizei

Hi all, I do my MSF class the Thursday & Friday before Memorial Day and I need to pick up a pair of gloves. Searching around I found Alpinestars Rayburn gloves that I really like but they look like a preorder and I don't know if they will ship before my class. Any suggestions for something else I might like?

373166.png

bmwpowere36m3

I like my Held Airstream or Hero gloves, leather, knuckle protection and very breathable.

rewplayff

Those gloves are sexy. Gloves are the only piece of gear I have more than one of. I have some alpinestars sp2 and dianese carbon gauntlets. and some alpinestars mesh shorties. I like that little webbing that keeps your pinky with your ring finger, along with the extra wrist protection. They aren't warm enough for the cold and can get sweaty in the heat though so want to keep my eye on this thread.

When it comes to motorcycles gloves, it doesnt get any better than HELD

I have a ten year old pair of Held Steve gloves that have outlasted alpinestars and about every other brand. Riders worldwide sing this companies praises.

Held EBAY

Rev'it. Take it from a gear geek. I've got about 10 pairs of gloves floating around my house/garage right now. After my first pair of Rev'it gloves I don't think I will ever by another brand.

• Premium Member
Rev'it. Take it from a gear geek. I've got about 10 pairs of gloves floating around my house/garage right now. After my first pair of Rev'it gloves I don't think I will ever by another brand.
Any particular model?

@so1102

I'm really finding the Cayenne Pro to be the best balance all around. It's a little on the ADV'ish looking side. But the strap that wraps around your hand is a great feature. They are SO comfortable out of the box and require almost no break in. I also have the Dominator GTX which are the Cayenne Pro's big brother. They have the same basic design features but are more of a full gauntlet glove and as the GTX implies they are full Goretex. They are also insulated which is great until you hit the upper 80's and then it's a bit much. So, as I'm not a true four season rider I'm betting my Cayenne Pro's will see more work.

I'm also planning to get a pair Jerez's. Not sure about running a full race glove on the street, but I tell myself I might track my Ninja 300 someday. But, if I find they are completely inconvenient for street riding I'll probably switch to those cause can you ever really have too much protection?

• Premium Member
phicurious86
When it comes to motorcycles gloves, it doesnt get any better than HELD 
I have a ten year old pair of Held Steve gloves that have outlasted alpinestars and about every other brand. Riders worldwide sing this companies praises.

Held EBAY

Never heard of em. My loss. Like the look of the Sambia.  

I have a simple pair of Scorpion riding gloves for most riding and a pair of padded all leather gauntlet gloves for the cold. Hard to find a pair of do it all gloves for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
speedingtickets
 I like the ones with the fingers cut off (rofl)
I just cut the middle finger off, you never know when you are going to have to use it!

@so1102 
I'm really finding the Cayenne Pro to be the best balance all around. It's a little on the ADV'ish looking side. But the strap that wraps around your hand is a great feature. They are SO comfortable out of the box and require almost no break in. I also have the Dominator GTX which are the Cayenne Pro's big brother. They have the same basic design features but are more of a full gauntlet glove and as the GTX implies they are full Goretex. They are also insulated which is great until you hit the upper 80's and then it's a bit much. So, as I'm not a true four season rider I'm betting my Cayenne Pro's will see more work.

I'm also planning to get a pair Jerez's. Not sure about running a full race glove on the street, but I tell myself I might track my Ninja 300 someday. But, if I find they are completely inconvenient for street riding I'll probably switch to those cause can you ever really have too much protection?

I got a pair of Jerez. My favorite pair of gloves.

@cybmx

Agreed. Not sure they are my favorite, but they are definitely my most protective and they aren't really that inconvenient for street use. Just one extra step to put on. Not bad at all.

rolltide268

I use the Icon Twenty Niner. They are comfy and breathe well in the summer heat, well enough anyway. As for longevity, can't say, had them a week now.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
I use the Icon Twenty Niner. They are comfy and breathe well in the summer heat, well enough anyway. As for longevity, can't say, had them a week now.
I just picked up a pair of these, and other than being a size too small (L), I like them. Good ventilation and they don't bunch up on the underside. I also have a pair of A* Thunder short cuff gloves that the Icons replaced. Maybe it's the size (XL) but they bunch up above the palm under the fingers which gets really uncomfortable. 

• Premium Member
phicurious86

I'm about to pull the trigger on these - http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-gloves-dirt?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=940286&gclid=CL2ljpntzsYCFYpcfgodDjwMRQ

I currently have a pair of Alpinestar Thunder gloves and hate them. The clarino palm is absolute garbage and shreds apart just from twisting my grip on the throttle.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
I'm about to pull the trigger on these - http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-gloves-dirt?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=940286&gclid=CL2ljpntzsYCFYpcfgodDjwMRQ 
I currently have a pair of Alpinestar Thunder gloves and hate them. The clarino palm is absolute garbage and shreds apart just from twisting my grip on the throttle.

Those gloves look pretty sweet. I hope you have good luck w/ them.  
I recently picked up a pair of: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-womens-air-hero-gloves

And I really like them! The airflow is great and has better protection than the ones they replaced. 

• Premium Member

I rock the Alpinestar S-1s for the summer and these fieldsheer wind tours for winter/cold months.

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

Bit of an old post but I figured with the arrival of Xmas people might be getting some nice gear under the tree. So if you got some new gloves lets hear about them!

A while back, I picked up a pair of these Racer-'R Safe' and a pair of Racer-'High Racer' for the wife. They are pricey but both offer fantastic quality and materials. They might not be suitable for those blistering hot US states as they are a heavy duty glove, but for my Cdn summer they are just fine. I feel a bit better knowing that if I were to slide out, I am wearing these. Still breaking them in and they keep getting better.

[attachment id=1196" thumbnail="1]
A must read review:
 http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/racer-r-safe-gloves/review.htm

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I picked up a pair of these Icon Raiden Alcan gloves from Revzilla about a month ago for the colder weather 

icon_glove_raiden_alcan_black_detail.jpg
They are nice, and I totally dig the whole Batman thing they have going on, but honestly they are almost too bulky for me -- I probably just need to wear them a bunch and break them in more, but the fingers are so bulky it makes it difficult to move your fingers quickly to the levers.

Archived