The MT-07 Forum

Stock Exhaust 2022 MT-07 to 2017 FZ-07

Flightbyrd

I just bought a used 2017 FZ-07 with an aftermarket Mivv exhaust and Power Commander. The owner I bought the bike from didn't have the stock exhaust and I am thinking I would rather have the stock exhaust on the bike.

A seller on Facebook Marketplace has a 2022 MT-07 exhaust for sale for $100.

So, does anyone know if I were to put the 2022 MT-07 exhaust on the 2017 FZ-07 and remove the aftermarket exhaust and  Power Commander, would the stock ECU settings for the FZ-07 be OK? Or would I need to reflash the ECU to stock MT-07 settings.

I'm in the US.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums! I am unsure, but the 2022 exhaust has an extra catalytic converter compared to the 2017 exhaust for Euro5 emissions requirements. Besides this difference, I don't think there would be much of a difference between the 2022 engine vs the 2017 engine.

Its not the answer you are seeking, but I recommend an ECU flash regardless. 2WDW (if you are in the US) is the go to for many people on the forums here. Even with stock exhaust, their flash improves overall smoothness in the throttle and reduced engine braking. For me, it has improved daily riding comfort.

• Like 1

Thanks tomlichu that's exactly the info I wanted. I just needed some assurance that the 2022 exhaust would work on my 2017 FZ.

Also, if the ECU flash will improve ride quality, I'm all for it.

6 hours ago, Flightbyrd said:

So, does anyone know if I were to put the 2022 MT-07 exhaust on the 2017 FZ-07 and remove the aftermarket exhaust and  Power Commander, would the stock ECU settings for the FZ-07 be OK? Or would I need to reflash the ECU to stock MT-07 settings.

I have a 2016 FZ-07 with the stock exhaust and a 2WDW flash that covers the stock exhaust and the snorkel removed. I've ridden around 14,000 with this setup, and am very happy with it. 

I absolutely would NOT assume that a 2022 exhaust is the same as the stock one for your bike. You can get a good idea by finding the part numbers for both the 2017 and 2022 exhaust. I if they are identical, that's a good sign. Also, there is a good chance you can beat that price on the forum. You would not believe how many inexpensive parts I bought from members who have upgraded their bikes on this forum. There is a strong likelihood that there are members who have that exhaust collecting dust. I would suggest starting another thread asking for a used exhaust. I'm pretty sure it's the same exhaust for at least 2015-2018. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FZ not MT said:

I have a 2016 FZ-07 with the stock exhaust and a 2WDW flash that covers the stock exhaust and the snorkel removed. I've ridden around 14,000 with this setup, and am very happy with it. 

I absolutely would NOT assume that a 2022 exhaust is the same as the stock one for your bike. You can get a good idea by finding the part numbers for both the 2017 and 2022 exhaust. I if they are identical, that's a good sign. Also, there is a good chance you can beat that price on the forum. You would not believe how many inexpensive parts I bought from members who have upgraded their bikes on this forum. There is a strong likelihood that there are members who have that exhaust collecting dust. I would suggest starting another thread asking for a used exhaust. I'm pretty sure it's the same exhaust for at least 2015-2018. Good luck!

Thanks! I did look up the parts and they are very different. Problem with me trying to get parts is that I'm in Hawaii, so shipping is prohibitively expensive. Luckily there are a lot of military that buy bikes. I'll keep on the lookout locally for someone trying to get rid of their stock exhaust.

9 hours ago, Flightbyrd said:

I just bought a used 2017 FZ-07 with an aftermarket Mivv exhaust...

Is it too loud? Did the seller pull the baffle? 

I assume you have seen some of the videos on youtube showing various exhausts, with and without their baffles. You should be able to achieve a deeper throaty sound with a baffle installed to aftermarket pipe, without waking up the world.

Thinking about it more, I agree with @FZ not MT. I am not sure if a direct swap will work. Looking at the parts on Partzilla, the exhaust from the 2017 vs 2022 models have the same mounting brackets (# 7, 8, 9). However, the exhaust manifold between the two models are not the same. The O2 sensors are mounted in different parts, and the 2022 model appears to have the pipes join together earlier. Exhaust upgrades is pretty common for the Mt07, I am sure someone would be more than happy to swap exhausts if you are patient.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Flightbyrd said:

put the 2022 MT-07 exhaust on the 2017 FZ-07

I think I found a strong "NO" on that 2022 exhaust working. I went to the MIVV website, and looked at their application list. They show two different exhausts for the FZ/MT-07's - one for 2014-2020 and another for 2021-2023. Here's the link:

https://mivv.com/en/brands/

• Thanks 1

Where are you at if you don't mind saying? I've got the stock exhaust off my '16 hanging up in my shop. It's in perfect condition and I know it will fit your '17 with no issues. 

30 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Where are you at if you don't mind saying?

Shipping may be a little expensive...

22 hours ago, Flightbyrd said:

I'm in Hawaii

• Thanks 1