The MT-07 Forum

What happen to blown R7 motor thread?

wollerms

1 hour ago, wollerms said:

I'm I missing something? Thread has disappeared?

I was looking for it too and message another member about it. None of us can find it so I guess it got deleted. Bummer as there was going to be a lot of useful info in it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, I was interested in it, and it was 4 pages of stuff, now they delete it? I wanted to see the outcome as to me either he or the tuner caused the issue not Yamaha or dealer. 

I found this on a R7 forum, but it says he's from Denmark? I thought he was in Israeli. 

https://www.r7forums.com/threads/r7-help.807/

• Global Moderator

It was deleted without comments. I restored the thread.

I don't know how & why it got wacked - I will be searching in background with other moderators to find out

• Like 4

On 3/23/2023 at 10:26 PM, wollerms said:

Yes, I was interested in it, and it was 4 pages of stuff, now they delete it? I wanted to see the outcome as to me either he or the tuner caused the issue not Yamaha or dealer. 

I found this on a R7 forum, but it says he's from Denmark? I thought he was in Israeli. 

https://www.r7forums.com/threads/r7-help.807/

Agreed, I think he was from Israeli.

Stated that there was only one dealer for Yamaha (zero comp.)

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

On 3/23/2023 at 11:15 PM, Pursuvant said:

It was deleted without comments. I restored the thread.

I don't know how & why it got wacked - I will be searching in background with other moderators to find out

You restored it or are looking for it to restore it?

Where is it?
I can't find it.

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

M. Hausknecht

Looks like its gone again. Perhaps the OP may not want it posted any longer? That was my assumption when it first disappeared.

• Like 3

OH, didn't even see where you could delete the thread.

So sorry to hear that possible. Maybe OP is CYA

24 minutes ago, balkor2 said:

OH, didn't even see where you could delete the thread.

If it is your thread, that you created, you will have this option

Delete.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

If it is your thread, that you created, you will have this option

Delete.jpg

Yea, I was like WOW! 
Never had thought to do so or felt the need too LOL.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

The OP did delete the thread and he will post an update once the problem is resolved. 

• Like 4

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, mjh937 said:

The OP did delete the thread and he will post an update once the problem is resolved. 

Imo - it's a bad idea to host "owner vs Yam" threads. Yamaha could shut our forum down.

Glad you worked it out with OP.

M. Hausknecht
1 hour ago, Pursuvant said:

Imo - it's a bad idea to host "owner vs Yam" threads. Yamaha could shut our forum down.

Glad you worked it out with OP.

Pardon my ignorance but how could Yamaha shut the site down? It isn't used for commercial purposes.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Pardon my ignorance but how could Yamaha shut the site down? It isn't used for commercial purposes.

@Cruizin (who "owns" this forum) had a post about a situation a few years back. He asked members to not provoke big Y, but I don't remember specifics, except "one letter from Y" and he would have to close.

Maybe he will jump in here to answer your question...

• Like 1

A legal letter.

13 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

10 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

except "one letter from Y" and he would have to close.

"A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity"

The key words are in the definition of Illegal. Which could be 'translated' as slanderous or  derogatory.
Have seen businesses go after little places (smaller than here) because they didn't like what was being said. 

M. Hausknecht
57 minutes ago, balkor2 said:

A legal letter.

"A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity"

The key words are in the definition of Illegal. Which could be 'translated' as slanderous or  derogatory.
Have seen businesses go after little places (smaller than here) because theytdidn't like what was being said. 

Oh gosh, as an ex-attorney with over 35 years' experience, I am familiar with "cease and desist"letters. I think I've even sent a few at one time or another. Typically, they are used to ask someone to stop using a trademark or other intellectual property owned by someone else, creating confusion in the marketplace as to the origin of goods or services, or to stop  defaming someone. A cease and desist letter is not binding and it doesn't require anyone to do anything, although as a potential precursor to being sued, the merits of the threat to sue need to be understood. I suppose if your business is small enough, even the mere threat of litigation could be enough to persuade the potential defendant from continuing the challenged behavior, but many such cease and desist letters are bullsh*t on their merits.

So ok, I guess I've answered my own question. Yamaha could write a letter and the owner(s) of this site could decide to shut it down rather than dare Yamaha to do something about it.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, M. Hausknecht said:

So ok, I guess I've answered my own question. Yamaha could write a letter and the owner(s) of this site could decide to shut it down rather than dare Yamaha to do something about it.  

That was exactly what went through this tiny brain with @Pursuvant stated about Big Y

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

ex-attorney with over 35 years' experience,  "cease and desist"letters...

I need one of those letters please, to get my wife to stop saying "don't forget to take the garbage out"

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I've been following this since the beginning. I think the OP was smart to remove the thread that he started. As someone else pointed out, it's a good "cover-your-a$$" move..... I do however, find it truly sad that the general public can't openly discuss a product that we purchased. I would think that as consumers- we paid the price of admission to do so??? If big "Y" can silence a group of people on a forum, then they have done a great disservice to ALL of their customers!!! I truly feel bad for the OP... If big "Y' doesn't "step-up-to-the-plate" on this, shame on them. We all know the excitement of having that *NEW* bike!!!! I'm certain this was a very isolated incident. I've never heard of anything like this before? The OP definitely lost his smile on this one.... 

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

3 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

I'm certain this was a very isolated incident. I've never heard of anything like this before? 

This is most common way bikes blow up this days. I have computer full of pictures :)

Very rare stock bike will do this. 

• Like 1