The MT-07 Forum

2022 MT-07, Cargo net

balkor2

So in the past with previous motorcycles (all standards) there were so girth and thickness to ass end of a bike
such as like this
image.png.d6c12444f7ed0eba12e5052f06e50e8b.png 

Now with my MT-07, I really don't see anything to attach the hooks to

image.png.fd81476cad65e6e3d0d21a8c370369c3.png

I will admit, I can be a little "baby huey" in growing years and really not see the trees because the forest is in the way.

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

The tradeoff for having ultralight bikes now is that there's literally less bike there. 

It can get tricky to discreetly add luggage capabilities to these slim tails, but it can be done. Pillion seat racks are probably the cheapest and most discreet. 

You have to get the small fabric loops out from under the passenger seat or you can attach the hooks of your cargo net to the passenger footpegs but you seem to have removed them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Royales83 said:

You have to get the small fabric loops out from under the passenger seat or you can attach the hooks of your cargo net to the passenger footpegs but you seem to have removed them.

Yep, there are  four fabric loops attached to the underside of the pillion seat, just rotate them outwards and you’ll have four attachment points.

20 hours ago, Royales83 said:

cargo net to the passenger footpegs

20 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Pillion seat racks are probably the cheapest and most discreet

19 hours ago, Subito said:

fabric loops attached to the underside of the pillion seat

Great ideas.

See I can;t see the forest LOL

BTW - the pic of the mt-07 isn't mine (random pic from internet). I have kept mine 100% factory (so far)

Edited by balkor2

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

7 minutes ago, balkor2 said:

BTW - the pic of the mt-07 isn't mine (random pic from internet). I have kept mine 100% factory (so far)

Than you should be able to attach your net to the holes behind the foldable footpegs.

Not ideal, but it should do the trick. These motorcycles are really not designed to have luggage!

image.png.16e5f86c45364fb432bbb35eebf81407.png

HOw true :(

Which is the main reason I use Cargo Net.  Doesn't need (didn't use too LOL) special equipment and uber cheap means (4~10 dollars) to pickup a six pack on the way home from work.

So tried the Passenger Pegs slot (like that is circled above in Royal's post).
Also near Pillion area there is a lip which a hook can go.

Well it did hold a box (for testing purposes)  BUT, before I knew it I was loosing my manhood in the gas tank and the the Passenger was just a tad too far.

So will continue to play around with my 5 dollar cargo net and we where it leads.
Have a 2008 Vulcan 2000 with bags so not in a critical situation  LOL.

Oh my.
Is this what the younger generation refers to as "Drop the mic" don't say a single word. 

I let my pictures do the talking LOL.

I have a tail bag and saddle bags for mine too.  I wasn't crazy about the factory and aftermarket options, so I made a mount for the tail bag and some saddle bag protectors to keep them out of the rear wheel.

photo005.thumb.jpg.b00d1ecc57d363f272c31b5fb8b30521.jpg

photo004.thumb.jpg.ad7ff487faa18cf1c906f65960da857d.jpg

• Like 1

I need to look into some saddle bags.

7 hours ago, balkor2 said:

I need to look into some saddle bags.

I let vanity stand between me and luggage for a long time. A buddy finally told me, "luggage makes a toy useful". 

Yeah, the bike has to go in to Pawpaw mode occasionally, but I get to ride the bike vs needing the cage! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

I wasn't crazy about the factory and aftermarket options,

6 hours ago, Subito said:

The SW-Motech BLAZE saddlebag system looks interesting, albeit rather pricey

The SW-Motech makes the factory Yamaha saddlebags. When I got mine, the Yamaha was a lot more expensive then they are now which I'm sure had a lot to do with the newness of the FZ-07. Currently, it appears the Yamaha bags are cheaper than the SW-Motech. I lucked out and got the Yamaha bags on a super sale which was great as I preferred having the Yamaha name on the bags. 

I've used them for several long ride (500+ miles), and they have been great. They rode very stable, and you would be amazed how much you get into the combo of 42L. They easily attach and detach. There is a HUGE catch though... if you have a tail tidy, they won't be as secure as they are with the stock rear fender. This makes sense seeing they are a Yamaha accessory. They do mate up with that Kriega tailbag without any issues.

59 minutes ago, FZ not MT said:

There is a HUGE catch though... if you have a tail tidy, they won't be as secure as they are with the stock rear fender.

Yes, I was designing my saddle bag supports before I picked up my MT-07.  The stock tail makes a very sturdy anchor point for the supports.

@balkor2 I just remembered that I have a set of rails from a SW Motech luggage rack that came off my '16 FZ 07. Alurack, they are called. I don't have the whole thing, just the rails. If they would be of any use to you to build on you can have them for whatever shipping would cost. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shinyribs said:

@balkor2 I just remembered that I have a set of rails from a SW Motech luggage rack that came off my '16 FZ 07. Alurack, they are called. I don't have the whole thing, just the rails. If they would be of any use to you to build on you can have them for whatever shipping would cost. 

Hold on to it ... Maybe ... JUST maybe, I can get my brother and we can make a ride out your way. Or some place near and we could meet up :)

• Like 1