The MT-07 Forum

What's the purpose of those holes?

Claude

As the title says.

Just finishing some wiring and put back the body parts. I noticed some threaded (M8 & M6) holes on the frame and wondering about them. I don't think I forgot something as I have no parts or bolts remaining. First pic shows both of them and second one shows M6 with cover installed. Thanks!

M8 & M6 frame holes.jpg

M6 frame holes.jpg

• Global Moderator

I think the M6 holes are where the seat attaches.  I am not sure about the others but is it where the missing trim piece between the seat attaches?

I don’t believe the M6 are seat related. I took some pics before dismantling anything and there was nothing in those holes.

As for the M8 ones, there was nothing there also and the threads looks "brand new". Maybe for an option or for an accessory used on another model that could use the same frame?

Mine is a 2017 FZ07.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

The M6 holes are 100% where the riders seat bolts onto the frame...... The M8 must be for adding an accessory of some kind? Mine look new as well-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

1 hour ago, cornerslider said:

The M6 holes are 100% where the riders seat bolts onto the frame...... The M8 must be for adding an accessory of some kind? Mine look new as well-

You’re right!!! I forgot as I don’t use them anymore because I have a (one piece) Corbin seat. Thanks for the reminder; I’m now 100% sure I didn’t forget to install back anything.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider

That makes sense-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

I'm not 100%, but I believe the M8 holes are for the Yamaha optional pillion handles. 

Whatever they are, they are unused on a stock bike, so nothing to worry about. 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 2

Makes sense on the Pillion

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]