The MT-07 Forum

What the average age of FZ-07 owners (to be)

Guru

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mickey Anders said:

Just bought mine. I'll be 70 in June. Am I tool old to own it?  Nah!

Welcome!

70 can be prime

when I toss a leg over a motorcycle I am 19

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Wintersdark

Mid 40's.  I find it really interesting how us older folk are the lions share of FZ/MT riders, I really expected this to go differently.

Though I suppose at this age, a lot more people have the income to buy a new bike, so that's a thing too.  I'm curious how the numbers are with other bikes now!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Littlebriar

I'm 68. Just got my FZ-07 last week. Put my 600 miles on it, got my oil changed and took it to Grattan Raceway in Michigan Monday for a track day. What a blast! Now in the process of spending a small fortune on farkles and upgrades.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

Hey hoho,

Welcome to the group. I liked the comment a bit up the list "when I toss a leg over a motorcycle I am 19". I'm a new member also but a bit younger than you (68). I like that bag on back. Looks like it fits well. What brand is it? Hopefully, I won't have to go down under to get one.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

I bought a cheap tail bag similar to that off ebay, made in China. Worked just fine so far. Swinging a leg over though... better if you are a gymnast :D 

Bigturbomax

I bought mine last september, almost got 4,000 miles. Im 33 now. Looks like this really is a bike "for the ages" lol

On 5/25/2018 at 9:19 PM, Littlebriar said:

Hey hoho,

Welcome to the group. I liked the comment a bit up the list "when I toss a leg over a motorcycle I am 19". I'm a new member also but a bit younger than you (68). I like that bag on back. Looks like it fits well. What brand is it? Hopefully, I won't have to go down under to get one.

Hi Littlebriar

here is a link if allowed, only problem with it is you have to lenghten all the tie down straps to extend it which is a pain !!

looking at getting a tail bag that extends without having to adjust the straps. cheers.

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Rough-Road-SS-Compact-Tail-Motorcycle-Scooter-Bag-Carbon-Rr9018-Expandable/1259936209

• Premium Member
Littlebriar
3 hours ago, hoho said:

Hi Littlebriar

here is a link if allowed, only problem with it is you have to lenghten all the tie down straps to extend it which is a pain !!

looking at getting a tail bag that extends without having to adjust the straps. cheers.

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Rough-Road-SS-Compact-Tail-Motorcycle-Scooter-Bag-Carbon-Rr9018-Expandable/1259936209

Wow, things aren't cheap in Australia are they? Over 100 USD including shipping. Similar products on US ebay site are around 30 USD with free shipping.

• Premium Member

I don't see the poll anymore, but i'm 24.

I bought the bike at 22.

Ericstraordinary
16 hours ago, Littlebriar said:

Wow, things aren't cheap in Australia are they? Over 100 USD including shipping. Similar products on US ebay site are around 30 USD with free shipping.

If you are looking for an affordable tail bag, check out the ones by Nelson Rigg. I got mine up here in Canada for a little over $100CDN. The one I have is the "sport" model, the "sport touring" one is slightly bigger. 

bag.jpg

side.jpg

Age 65 here.  Sold a 2015 KTM 690 Duke & 2014 KTM 690 Enduro & bought a left-over 2017 a couple months ago.  Miss the hydraulic clutches but the FZ is a fine bike w/a beautiful engine; looking forward to getting to know it better.  Excellent forum, btw.

Archived