The MT-07 Forum

What the average age of FZ-07 owners (to be)

Guru

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all I feel a bit out of place. I bought my MT-07 less than a year ago. I am 64. Great bike enjoying, it every day, to and from work so maybe it puts your average off a bit. You don't even have a category for me. 

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, steveng42 said:

Hi all I feel a bit out of place. I bought my MT-07 less than a year ago. I am 64. Great bike enjoying, it every day, to and from work so maybe it puts your average off a bit. You don't even have a category for me. 

We have quite a few members in their sixties and even a couple in their seventies so you are not out of place.  I am surprised by how broad the demographic is for this bike. 

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

I spent a half hour this morning plotting the ages in the thread (I'm retired and got nothin' but time). I didn't shift the older posts but those folks would be 4 years older by now.

age fz07.jpg

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, Littlebriar said:

I spent a half hour this morning plotting the ages in the thread (I'm retired and got nothin' but time). I didn't shift the older posts but those folks would be 4 years older by now.

That's why a poll with birth decades is valid much longer, although not totally accurate since you will need 10 - or at least 5 - year segments in order not to make the list much too long.

Liquidmetal

50 here.  My 2017 FZ makes bike number 8 for me. 

Been playing on two wheels in the dirt since I was 8, been on the street since 16.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

On 7/10/2014 at 9:12 PM, Guru said:

Hi jmosquera

Welcome, great to have you here. If you feel like it, you can introduce yourself in the new members section.
I for one like to know more. I am sure other do to. Great community here.

I thought I was a member since 2014. BTW, I am 72 now and I am also a member of  Iron Butt Association.

Best regards to all

66 from a SoCal and hoping to be able to one day reply 100! Hey we can dream right.

ABS =  Audible Blinker System. The horn beebs every time I use the blinker

• 4 months later...

67 next week, bike delivered same time.

Please Mister Fantasy play us a tune, something to make us all happy.    Stevie Winwood / Traffic, 1967

I missed the poll, but I'm currently 30, but bought my FZ when I was 27

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

Archived