The MT-07 Forum

What the average age of FZ-07 owners (to be)

Guru

Yeah man! I got it from one of my favorite moto-vloggers called RoyalJordanian, he said it in one of his more recent awesome videos:

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greenhound386

28 years old. First non-supersport bike I have owned, and my first street bike in a very long time. I've been riding track and racing 600s for the last few years, and I was worried that the FZ-07 would bore me. I'm pleasantly surprised that it is a lot of fun! It's exactly what I was looking for: fast enough to be fun, slow enough to keep things sane. Very comfortable ride, lightweight, agile, aesthetically appealing, affordable.

2011 ZX-6R
2015 FZ-07

24! My second street bike. Started out with a 2011 Suzuki TU250X for 8 months, saw the FZ-07 unveiled during the X Games in Austin, TX and it was true love at first sight!

52 years of age with 12 motorized vehicles.
Started with mopeds in the wild streets of Paris (mopeds are enough to get around any cities).
Graduated to the motorcycle world with a 125cc.
Moved to the US and got myself a cruiser........so so boring (got an other one later on, just to make sure. Worst mistake I have made. Never went back).
Then on, fast bikes only.
I have to slow down now, so my choice went with the FZ-07. Will see when I get it.

Guest montana07

Wow been a couple weeks since I've been in this thread, 26-30 and 46-50 started out neck and neck, but now 21-25 and 26-30 have taken off.

Guest montana07
Age poll 77 years young with liquid graphite from central florida
That's pretty awesome man, I hope to be riding at your age.  How long you been at it? 

Just turned 30, and the FZ was a birthday present to myself :)

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had voted when the poll started but can't find it so I guess not, I'm 74, been riding forever, own four bikes, and ride every day.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I'll bet the average age goes up as time goes by. I went to the mountains to play in the really tight stuff this weekend. A lot of locals go there. And a lot of those locals are old racers. Some of those guys are in thier 70's (evidently it's the new 40) and ride like demons. You see them out-cornering the kids on r1's with souped-up SVs and antique Nortons (with little rubber band tires).

All the old guys went bonkers for the 07. They had a lot of technical questions. They all wanted to get behind it and observe (looking for problematic hard-parts). Each say on it. Wanted to know what it weighed how much torque it made etc etc etc. Every one of them liked it a lot.

-HowWorkClutch

I voted a while back, but I guess I never posted.

I'm 35 and this is my 3rd bike. 1st two were a 1998 Kawasaki EX250 (Ninja 250) and a 2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 (the first year with fuel injection). Both bikes were absolute joys in different ways, as is the 07!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator

Welcome @will. Great to have you on board. We have a New Member introduction thread here. I'd love to hear more from you. I am sure you are a seasoned rider and have lots to share. Kids need guidance you know. 

I'm 80 yrs. & 6 mos. as of this response. Have owned all types and power-levels of cycles since the '50s. Believe the FZ07 has most desirable features overall to fit my likes.

Archived