The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust newb Question

balkor2

Ok have looked and thought off and on on Exhaust changes.

So lets say I decide to pull the trigger and purchase the exhaust.

I already know that there has been a modification of the system and the ECU will need to be "updated" 

here is where I am "unsure" as in choice or decision, what is best, what is required, what is needed...

SO 

2WDW
Vance&Hines
DynoJet Power Commander 3 , 5, 6
DynoJet Power Vision 3, 4
DynoJet Expansion
Cobra
Bazzaz

I am sure there are plenty more... 

So a basic question is, I purchase the Graves full exhaust. Install it. Pop out the ECU and send to 2wdw. They send ECU back. I put that in. When benefit would it be to acquire any of the other products such as the DynoJet suite? 

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

1 hour ago, balkor2 said:

When benefit would it be to acquire any of the other products such as the DynoJet suite? 

Probably next to no benefit unless you intend further modifications and enjoy fuel mapping and generally interfering yourself.

• Like 1

Ok, so then the best way would be to just purchase Graves set, pull ecu mail to 2wdw
install exhaust, wait.

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

M. Hausknecht
1 hour ago, balkor2 said:

Ok, so then the best way would be to just purchase Graves set, pull ecu mail to 2wdw
install exhaust, wait.

Yes! Dynojet is out-of-date technology and cannot accomplish nearly as much as a good flash of the stock ecu. 2wdw will do a reflash for free if you make further changes to your bike that impact mixture (like a materially more efficient air intake system). 

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Also looking at an R6 build