The MT-07 Forum

Are 2015 FZ07 "aftermarket" parts interchangeable with newer models ?

TMTYWSH

I have aftermarket clip ons (woodcraft) and rear sets and I'm thinking of taking this bike to the track. In case something happens (or in the future I buy a new MT07) are these parts interchangeable with newer MT07s?

I may also upgrade the rear shock and upgrade the forks (cart. kit)...would these transfer over as well ?

Edited by TMTYWSH
context

Most stuff is interchangeable.  If there's a specific part you can go to a parts site like Babbitt's  and compare part numbers between model years, if they are the same that's a guaranteed fit.  If they aren't the same, it could still fit...  For cars I know some manufacturers actually list what models a part fits (Toyota/Lexus for example does this), unfortunately I haven't found this information from Yamaha.  

I think everyone is hibernating, has anyone gone from a 2015 FZ gen to a newer model and swapped parts? I'm thinking of investing in rear shock, front fork cartridges, and steel braided brake lines...but I don't want to spend the money if I can't install it on a newer MT model.

Yes I can do the research, but I would think with the passion for the fz/mt here, someone else has already done it.

I also already have woodcraft clip ons and rear sets, power commander, yoshi full system...so before I drop another few thousand, I'm hoping I can transfer it to a newer MT07 when the time comes.

26 minutes ago, TMTYWSH said:

I would think with the passion for the fz/mt here, someone else has already done it.

That is the general consensus.

If you have thought of it, someone else did it and someone else resolved it. 

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I'm pretty sure that just about everything is compatible, in general.  Per your specific requests: yes, Woodcraft clip ons are compatible.  As are any shock and fork related things.

The only things that I know for sure are not directly compatible are the dash / gauge, which I think you can make work, but it doesn't bolt right up to the FZ fairing stay.  And I guess anything involving ABS braking that isn't on the FZ.

Seats are not compatible. Someone has directly swapped their 15'-17' model FZ shock with one from 18'-20'.