The MT-07 Forum

Stalling issues Poll

Guest Ralph

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Put an EJK on her, disconnected the O2 sensor, at first I didn't disconnect the O2 because I was told that there is no reason for it. However, I kept having the stalling issue. Once the EJK was on AND the O2 was disconnected, I stopped having the problem all together. Another perk is, with the 02 sensor unplugged, I get all the engine power all the time whereas it is kinda regulated by the O2 sensor when in low to mid range throttle.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

As crazycracka501 says the 02 sensor as something to do with it, I disconnected mine a few days back, the 02 sensor
only relay does anything below 5000 revs at small throttle openings were it weakens the mixture for emission control,
disconnecting it forces the ecu to use richer safe settings it's early days yet but the bike seems a little more responsive
at low speed and ticks over smoother mine as not stalled for some time but does seem to pick up better from tick over,
no warning lights are on and it seems the same on fuel.

Yes stalled...

...until I disconnected the O2 sensor. Haven't stalled the bike for over 6k miles. And my bike has 7k on the clock.

Also, with the O2 sensor disco'd, I've noticed that the idle increases slightly right when you drop it into first gear from a stop (clutch in, from neutral to first, as you would waiting for a light to turn green). On my bike it shows on the tach as 1 extra box.

I wonder how much of the stalling is influenced by dirty O2 sensors or perhaps slow response or intermittent signals. Yamaha cut corners a lot of places on this bike and it wouldn't surprise me some of those 'savings' were realized here. Granted power is (?) supplied to keep the element hot so it can do it's job, but there are several electrical junctions which doesn't help.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I have the stalling, always happen after riding for hours and suddently hitting traffic. Also when bike and the weather are very hot.

I talked to the dealer and I had the feeling is a subject we dont talk about...

Im about to send letter to DoT ?

-Pan Am

Yep, once few weeks ago... after a long ride when getting back in town in really hot weather. I was a bit suprised but restarted her and seems ok.

Nitro...
No matter past or future...it's always better ride now !

I have the stalling, always happen after riding for hours and suddently hitting traffic. Also when bike and the weather are very hot. 
I talked to the dealer and I had the feeling is a subject we dont talk about...

Im about to send letter to DoT ?

-Pan Am

I concluded the exact same thing. Riding for a while when the bike gets hot and I hit stop and go traffic.

I know it shouldn't take this to fix it, but hasn't happen since I had the 2wheeldynoworks flash.

When mine used to do it it was usually after it had been run a long way then straight into stop go traffic
or had been stopped for a short time then restarted, just when the engine is at it's hottest, I think the ecu
was running the engine to weak and that was the problem, got the dealer to richen it up slightly at tick over
and not done it since, but has the 02 sensor only comes into play below 5000 rpm and at low power I have tried
disconnecting that and it as made things even better it is now smoother and pulls better at low revs showing
no signs of stalling, because it makes the engine more responsive at low speed it also helps with rev matching
on down changes, it as not put any warning engine lights on only done about 100 miles so early days yet but
it looks like I will leave it disconnected, mine is a UK bike and they are slightly different so yours may
not react the same way, disconnecting the 02 forces the ecu to use a default map for when it would be using
the 02 sensor reading and as that is a slightly richer setting it make the bike run better.

Haven't experienced that yet...hopefully not going to happen anytime soon either. Been riding it for ~1 month.  
One problem though, if it does stall while in 1st gear, I CANNOT start it back up without going into neutral. No matter how hard I pull in the clutch while in 1st gear, it won't start (side stand is up by the way). Anyone experiencing this?
"Haven't exprienced that yet" and "One problem though, if it does stall while in 1st gear" are in conflict here unless you are eluding that you caused it to stall. Are you saying you caused it to stall?

Beemer

If it wont start unless it's in neutral then check the two wire are plugged in on the clutch
leaver switch, it will cut out with these disconnected as the switch not only acts to let
the starter engage with the bike in gear when you pull in the clutch it also acts as a anti
stall switch and retards the timing when pulled in.

Archived