The MT-07 Forum

Fitting "Puig Flanker Windscreen Yamaha MT-07 2018-2023" on a 2015

TMTYWSH

I believe the bolt pattern on the bike(headlight) is different, which means it would need different mounting brackets. I have an 18 but from what I see everywhere the mounts are different from 15-17 and 18-21 and then the 22+.

Edited by Migyver

It's more fun naked!!

A bit of googling and it appears the mounting points are slightly different between the 1st and 2nd gen.  

image.png.0f0a5d0ca2fab87d9b535389ca0817d4.png

image.png.161c5710dd331c829d2829b2f56c0689.png

image.png

Edited by Migyver

It's more fun naked!!

likely a bender and a bit of patience could do the trick.  It almost looks like it's mounted to the bars in that picture.  It could be held on the bottom by only one mounting point, which would make it even easier.

Edited by Migyver

It's more fun naked!!

@migyver is right.  The installation shows that it is simply clamped to the handlebar.  Not sure how I feel about the attachment system, though it would allow you to set it "just right".

Puig.thumb.png.2129680a11842db5c9b3231ad871f511.png

Here's how mine is held on, I figured it would have been the same on the PUIG.  This seams to be a universal mount instead of a custom MT07 mount option.  The windshield mounting positions seem to be the same as mine.  I believe mine is a knockoff, it came with the bike.

image.thumb.png.ab826a1564902409ed906e4de03a9224.png

Edited by Migyver

It's more fun naked!!

On 2/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, Migyver said:

Here's how mine is held on, I figured it would have been the same on the PUIG.  This seams to be a universal mount instead of a custom MT07 mount option.  The windshield mounting positions seem to be the same as mine.  I believe mine is a knockoff, it came with the bike.

image.thumb.png.ab826a1564902409ed906e4de03a9224.png

I like your as well. I know you said it came with the bike, do you have any idea who makes it ?

time to check amazon...

There are no markings or name on it but it looks to be a carbon copy of the Puig Winds (as far as what I can find quickly on Amazon).  PO did not elude to where he might have gotten it.

It's more fun naked!!