The MT-07 Forum

pilion seat replacement/alternative

Migyver

What I would like is to have a plug and play option that would fit in the pilion seat attachments.  Something that would allow for a rear rack/plate or place to mount a trunk/spare fuels....   I like the idea of this option because it would lock in place and would be more secure than just your average tail bag.  This way if I want to bring a pilion I can, but if I need to go out and grab a few things I throw on my blank plate with trunk or tailbag, rotopax, chainsaw....  I have a rack on my WR that has some universal attachments for whatever the tool I need to for the job the bike is used for for that day.

Anyone know if something like this exists?  

• Like 1

It's more fun naked!!

• Global Moderator
49662334_1300195_web.jpg

Increase your carrying capacity with a SW-MOTECH seat rack. It provides secure tie-down points for your luggage and can easily be swapped for the pillion.

It looks like Twisted Throttle does not have this anymore but I found some on eBay and Amazon.

• Like 2

Oh, thanks!!  This is exactly what I had in mind.  A little pricey, but this would be exactly what I envisioned.

• Like 2

It's more fun naked!!

I installed this on my bike to mount hard case directly to the pillion instead of hanging off of the back of the bike.  Works magnificently.  You can see an old pic here for reference.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea why I can't post in the classifieds forum?  I tried to post to that thread but there is not option to do so and I tried to PM @shinyribs but I'm not sure that's working either.

It's more fun naked!!

4 hours ago, Migyver said:

Anyone have any idea why I can't post in the classifieds forum?  I tried to post to that thread but there is not option to do so and I tried to PM @shinyribs but I'm not sure that's working either.

You need to have made 25 posts before you can post to the Classified section.

8 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Hi Migyver, how are you doing?

Living the dream, anxiously awaiting spring.  😁

It's more fun naked!!

20 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

you're up to 16 posts... what's the weather like up in Canada now (besides chilly)?

Quite nice actually.   I saw someone riding around on a Harley yesterday.  It was 3°C (37°f).  Some souls are braver than others.  

It's more fun naked!!

Well, I just got back from a 40F bicycle ride, half of which was in light rain, so I'm probably not much more sane.  It's easier to stay warm when pedaling though.

(9 more posts to go)

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1

With proper riding gear and hand warmers it wouldn't be terrible, my main concern is the salt on the roads and what that would do to chains and other metal parts.  

I can agree that bicycle riding can be done on colder weather, unless you're able to hit 50MPH on a pedal bike!! 🥶

Edited by Migyver

It's more fun naked!!

5 hours ago, Migyver said:

unless you're able to hit 50MPH on a pedal bike!!

On a club ride in the 1970s we went up Camp David hill.  Coasting down the other side we got going fast.  One guy had a speedometer on his bike and said we hit 55.  I hadn't been on a motorcycle yet, and 55 was pretty scary.  I remember thinking that I didn't even want to move my hands from the bar to reach for a brake lever.  Of course I loved it the whole time.

I also try to avoid riding a motorcycle on roads if there's salt on them.  I don't  like doing it on a bicycle either, but I do it for the exercise, and up the maintenance a little.  Luckily we don't get much salt around here.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
AdamKareem87

I would stay far away from SW Motech. Fitment and hardware issues are pretty common I think. Would try others first.

• 2 months later...

Anyone selling a used Seat Rack for a MT07? Trying to get one for my 2019. I see it listed on SW motech still but 180$ is pricey.

Wondering if I can gut a used passenger seat and fabricate some kind of metal platform similar to SW Motech's . 🤔