The MT-07 Forum

What is a good obd2/reader to get

Smitty

Hello everyone . Like the title says. What is a good code scanner/clearing tool to get. With so many out there. I would rather hear from first hand accounts. The old adage do it right do it once is how I operate what do you have or have used?  Money is not a problem when it comes to tools I will keep forever.  

it’s got to clear codes have some kind of live data option. As the minimum. 

I really appreciate everyone support. 

CFDA8443-8424-4C3B-B902-6BB8A80671CF.jpeg

• Like 1

For what year MT?  I have not yet found one that will connect to the ECU of my 2020,  and I tried one that specifically claimed to be able to.

Your bike is a first gen and those will throw a code up on the dash automatically without needing a standalone reader, rather than just throwing a "Check Engine" light. You don't need to clear any code that shows up as it will go away when you fix whatever the issue is. 

Live data, it won't do. 

Thanks for the information guys 

my bike is a 2016 

The reason why I wanted a reader was, I was going to try to recalibrate my TPS sensor using live data. If that was even possible with these I know you can do it with cars, but this I am unsure. 

M. Hausknecht
15 hours ago, Smitty said:

Thanks for the information guys 

my bike is a 2016 

The reason why I wanted a reader was, I was going to try to recalibrate my TPS sensor using live data. If that was even possible with these I know you can do it with cars, but this I am unsure. 

Why try to recalibrate the TPS sensor? I don't think there is a way to do it with the stock ecu except perhaps using ecu flash technology like FTECU or Woolich.

3 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Throttle Position Sensor Sensor?   :)

Like “VIN number” it is technically redundant but practically useful.

• Like 3