The MT-07 Forum

Power commander FC for fz mt 07

wazeminator

Hello 

I have a 2020 mt07 with aftermarket exhaust. the exhaust is made by dominator, a small comapny from poland. 

The throttle response is pretty snappy and I think it's popping a lot. I have a good offer for a power commande FC for mt, like 100e.  

Anyone used this kind of power commander ? I'm guessing that I can take away the popping with the fuel controller but can I make it run smoother ?

M. Hausknecht

The Power Commander Fuel Controller is the least capable option for making fueling changes. It is essentially 25 year old technology that merely splits the rev range into thirds and then allows adjustments to fuel in 10% increments in each of the three rev bands. The stock ecu cuts off fuel when the throttle is shut, which causes the popping you mention, and it makes for an abrupt transition between off and on throttle. If the base maps provided by Dynojet turn off the "fuel cut on deceleration", then the popping and lack of smoothness you note could be addressed. I don't know if the available maps do that, but I'd ask Dynojet  if they do.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

The Power Commander Fuel Controller is the least capable option for making fueling changes. It is essentially 25 year old technology that merely splits the rev range into thirds and then allows adjustments to fuel in 10% increments in each of the three rev bands. The stock ecu cuts off fuel when the throttle is shut, which causes the popping you mention, and it makes for an abrupt transition between off and on throttle. If the base maps provided by Dynojet turn off the "fuel cut on deceleration", then the popping and lack of smoothness you note could be addressed. I don't know if the available maps do that, but I'd ask Dynojet  if they do.   

I have to say that I 100% agree with you!!!! I can see them eventually "failing" unless they make some drastic changes to their current business model.... Back "in the day", they were the  go-to for all things air-fuel related... My personal opinion, its that maybe they got a bit too comfortable in that role????

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"