The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha's accessory tankbag mounting

nhdon

Hi all.  I am in the market for a tankbag that actually fits the FZ-07 well.  I figure i only need about a 12L bag.  The one shown as a accessory on Yamaha's website shows its a magnet mount and I see no way for that to work.
Here is a link to that bag: https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/shop/product/details/tank-bag-by-shad?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|212&dealernumber=

Anyone have alternate suggestions with a photo?

Thanks,
    Don

Givi will be coming out with this shortly if it's not already available. giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/yamaha/fz-7-14/bf21-tanklock-tank-ring-detail The Givi quick release is really handy. With the 07 having the filler so far forward the regular filler mount won't work. This attach would be ugly if you plan to ride often without a bag but with this and a Givi bag it makes it very secure and just a pull of the release and you have instant access for fueling. I almost always ride with a tank bag so this will be my spring purchase. This might be needed so included this link: motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Instrument-Riser--Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5051.html

Givi has a good selection of tank bags with the quick release and also one with an electrical connection so when the bag is attached you have 12 volt power in the bag.

Here is a link to the bags they offer: http://giviusa.com/givi-products/soft-luggage/tanklock-system

• Global Moderator

I saw in another thread that I cannot find now that someone used the FZ-09 ring on his FZ-07 with good results. Apparently the fuel filler ring is the same on both bikes. Hopefully whoever it was will post here too. It looked like a good solution.

I saw in another thread that I cannot find now that someone used the FZ-09 ring on his FZ-07 with good results. Apparently the fuel filler ring is the same on both bikes. Hopefully whoever it was will post here too. It looked like a good solution.
The FZ-09 filler is much farther back on the tank and using it on the 07 won't work.  
1.) It is so far forward that you can't see your instrument cluster.

2.) Turning the bars and you instantly touch even a smaller bag. I tried positioning my Givi tank bag in the location that it would be in over the filler and it's a no go for sure. The relocated position of the new one that Givi has is a must to put the bag far enough back.

I used an FZ09 tank ring and base to mount a Pelican 1200 case. It works fine and I can see my gauges perfectly....BUT, I have moved my gauge panel forward about 20mm with spacers and have Renthal Ultra low bars which make my previous statement possible.

Here it is on todays ride...
10428542_748329195221739_7017719034829524825_n.jpg?oh=ff7fb1feeb8e78744e86acdec720e479&oe=550BF701

Thanks for all the replies.

I am not sure how often I'll be needing a tank bag but I like the Givi mount. I have modified a bicycle rear bag to fit the rear seat using the seat's straps that are hidden under the seat. I have also picked up the Cortech 2.0 tail bag and it will fit OK once I modify the straps or create my own strap system for it.
I ordered the rear rack for the bike and hoping that will be useful for moving a tail back back and opening the seat up for two up riding.

• Global Moderator
I used an FZ09 tank ring and base to mount a Pelican 1200 case. It works fine and I can see my gauges perfectly....BUT, I have moved my gauge panel forward about 20mm with spacers and have Renthal Ultra low bars which make my previous statement possible. 
Here it is on todays ride...
10428542_748329195221739_7017719034829524825_n.jpg?oh=ff7fb1feeb8e78744e86acdec720e479&oe=550BF701

That is the one I was thinking about. Thanks @none. 

Archived