The MT-07 Forum

New Yosh Bits

M. Hausknecht

• Premium Member

Is it just me, or does Yoshimura seem a bit "proud" (pricing) of said components??? I think we all appreciate the support for ALL things "07" related, but this seems like a bit too much?

• Like 3

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

M. Hausknecht
1 hour ago, cornerslider said:

Is it just me, or does Yoshimura seem a bit "proud" (pricing) of said components??? I think we all appreciate the support for ALL things "07" related, but this seems like a bit too much?

Yeah, prices are pretty steep. I imagine the first 40-50 pieces for each item will go to racers, and at least some will get free or deeply discounted prices. They're probably counting on being the best or only supplier for some  of the parts (I know of no one else selling adjustable swing arm pivot height).

• Like 1

That airbox looks pretty interesting too. I'm not sure if it offers any additional performance over something like the Hordpower kit (especially for like $150 more), but in my opinion, it at least looks a bit better visually.

• Like 1

And wasn't there a discussion on the EVOTECH versus chicken wire cost.

[In the tone of Nathan Lane from BirdCage]
"How about them Yoshi Radiator Guard?"

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

M. Hausknecht
8 hours ago, 7fold said:

That airbox looks pretty interesting too. I'm not sure if it offers any additional performance over something like the Hordpower kit (especially for like $150 more), but in my opinion, it at least looks a bit better visually.

Agreed, but to be fair, the Yosh airbox appears to be MA legal while the Hordpower needs a "box" of sorts to be placed around the sides of the filter. With in-line 4 cylinder 600cc sport-bikes going the way of the dinosaurs, Yosh may be anticipating that there will be significant growth world-wide in interest in racing twins. Both Honda and Suzuki have new parallel twins. Its already happening in Australia, Great Britain, and the U.S.       

• Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, cornerslider said:

I know what you mean. I can cut them some slack for certain things, but when you see phrases like "3D printed spacers" in the sales pitch I feel like they're cheaping out. 

I know 3D printing is the new hotness, but CNC'ing a couple bits out of aluminum would help justify the price tag and still prevent the company from having to pay skilled labor employees, which is seemingly everyone's goal these days. 

"Scanned, computer designed and 3D printed!" is a turn off for me. A good old boy mic'ing parts and building them...yeah, I'm happy to pay his wages. 

• Like 3