The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust Hanger

tgodon

I am looking to do a passenger peg delete on a 2015 FZ-07. I have found brake reservoir relocation kits but cannot locate an exhaust hanger. Looking for something similar to the one in the picture. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks...

FZ07 Exhaust Hanger.jpg

Edited by tgodon

Why not lay it out using heavy card stock or thin metal to get the shape and hole locations, then cut it out of aluminum or steel yourself?  

Other ways would be to do the layout with card stock, transfer shape and dimensions to a proper file using a CAD drawing or design program for laser, water jet, or plasma cutting by a local company from aluminum or steel.  (I did that to have acrylic plexiglass headlight brackets cut.)  I think that one is probably 12 gauge steel, maybe thinner.  

• Like 2

Just now, klx678 said:

Why not lay it out using heavy card stock or thin metal to get the shape and hole locations, then cut it out of aluminum or steel yourself?  

Other ways would be to do the layout with card stock, transfer shape and dimensions to a proper file using a CAD drawing or design program for laser, water jet, or plasma cutting by a local company from aluminum or steel.  (I did that to have acrylic plexiglass headlight brackets cut.)  I think that one is probably 12 gauge steel, maybe thinner.  

Yes, I am considering making one myself, I just figured that there was someone or company making them already.

Makes sense.  I am that way sometimes.   I was that way with cam chain tensioners, rather buy one, but seems no one made what I needed, so I had to make my own...  that was around 13 years and around 7000 kits ago.    Kinda glad it worked that way, but...

On this bracket, I'm kind of like you.   If the price was right I'd buy one - and I do need one on my XSR.  Tried some alloy flat stock, but not enough strength.  Presently I'm using the clunky looking passenger peg bracket.   Something will be done this winter.

Good hunting, hopefully someone can tell us if there is a bracket like that.