The MT-07 Forum

Ride the Dark Side - The 2023 Hyper Naked Lineup has Arrived

DewMan

Just now, tomlichu said:

Based on inflation, you paid the equivalent of $8286 today

While inflation calculators vary somewhat on the Net, it is interesting that when you use $7000 (MSRP in 2016), you get very close to the current MSRP. I didn't think it would be that much, but then again, we are going through some f#cked-up inflation currently 😡

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DewMan said:

Anyone else get the email today?

img.jpg?id=636955002a0ab6cf046d5c48&w=40

2023 Yamaha MT-07 Hyper Naked Motorcycle

Did they tell us what the other colors will be?. Also They say it’s got a whole new look but other than one or two things it looks the same to me. I’m at work so I won’t have time to sit down and take a closer look til morning

3 hours ago, Mt707 said:

Did they tell us what the other colors will be?.

IMHO, the 2023 MT-07 with those green/aqua wheels and stripes is just butt ugly, or you could say fugly.

The good news is that Yamaha does have another color scheme for 2023 that looks great!!!

img.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DewMan said:

Anyone else get the email today?

img.jpg?id=636955002a0ab6cf046d5c48&w=40

2023 Yamaha MT-07 Hyper Naked Motorcycle

Nope did not get an email. :(

Nobody loves me

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

13 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

IMHO, the 2023 MT-07 with those green/aqua wheels and stripes is just butt ugly, or you could say fugly.

The good news is that Yamaha does have another color scheme for 2023 that looks great!!!

img.jpg

I mean, how can you NOT always offer a Yamaha Blue option every year? When I buy a Yamaha, I want a blue one. 

IMG_20220723_230149182.thumb.jpg.2033de34995b73a69dfabd596bb8185d.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, shinyribs said:

Aren't destination ( delivery of item) and freight ( delivery of item) the same thing? 

Marginally guessing

Freight I suspect is from  out of the country

Destination is from the port to the dealer.

Could be wrong

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

I happen to prefer the Cyan ;)

firstyammerha

beautiful color scheme on the green one but the blue with white wheels looks odd to me. Maybe some white swoosh marks on the tank would help.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:45 PM, FZ not MT said:

img.jpg

Yeah, maybe so, but all the black is getting really really really old.    If I never see another black bike, especially the bike exif stuff with fat Firestone repop tires I'd be happy.  

Why not a good looking red, or some titanium shade.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, klx678 said:

Yeah, maybe so, but all the black is getting really really really old.    If I never see another black bike, especially the bike exif stuff with fat Firestone repop tires I'd be happy.  

Why not a good looking red, or some titanium shade.   

Hence why the Cyan popped and spoke to me.
Had chance to purchase the MT-10 but was the raven black. Wasn't interested in that.
But I will say many many different ideas of stickers, rim tape, decal on tanks, etc went through the brain to make it different and not so boring.

Black bikes always make me think of the guys who say "I'm gonna make this bike different from all the rest.  I'm goin' with a skull motiff... whatever that is."  or "We went with something different, tribal graphics."  or "We did something totally unique with ghost flames." 

Yep, and timeless to boot... 😜  really came up with something different.  

Seen so many cases where the guys "Make the bike my own" spray bombing everything black or wrapping with black.   About as unique as a big black SUV with black wheels and illegally dark window tint.  

Sorry, just got carried away... 🤪

Edited by klx678
  • Haha 2

image.png.e60378b0725d61d9d8fdf2ad77d834d9.png

Much like our electoral process, sometimes we are reduced to choosing the least objectionable option. The Cyan Storm and Yamaha Team Blue versions just didn’t work for me, so I chose the Matte Raven Black. I’m not usually a fan of black bikes in general, and matte black bikes in particular. But I dig my new bike, and adding some tasteful color accents should be easy if I go that route. This is all obviously 100% subjective, and I can fully understand why people prefer the other color choices. The plastic fuel tank panels make it so easy and inexpensive to change the bike’s main color elements too, so who knows, I may convert to blue somewhere down the road.

• Like 1

That is the one nice thing with the Yamahas, easly removeable panels for painting or wrapping or adding graphics.   I want to change my wheels, maybe raw aluminum, I just don't like black wheels mostly because they show even the lightest of dust.   I have the red XSR, would have preferred the blue one that wasn't in the U.S. and probably wouldn't have bought one if I'd had to take the plain aluminum version.  

I hope you have fun and it's easy for you to change up what you want to change up.   I think the right blue would look great.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:38 AM, firstyammerha said:

beautiful color scheme on the green one but the blue with white wheels looks odd to me. Maybe some white swoosh marks on the tank would help.

I powder coated those wheels white because the stock black rims always looked 100 yrs old from living on my gravel driveway. I thought they made the bike look bloated and heavy also. 

IMG_20220719_193340404.thumb.jpg.21d6d923cc32a154d2e07d259247fdac.jpg

3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I powder coated those wheels white because the stock black rims always looked 100 yrs old from living on my gravel driveway. I thought they made the bike look bloated and heavy also. 

IMG_20220719_193340404.thumb.jpg.21d6d923cc32a154d2e07d259247fdac.jpg

I like the white wheels, even though it's kind of a 1980s kind of thing on sport bikes.  Some things just look right, like the  15"x 8" American Racing cast wheels, tires with raised white letters out on my black (couldn't find any other color that was 4.0 V-6 5 speed manual that wasn't rotted out, this one was near perfect)...  just looks right.  I think the blue w/white wheels just looks right.