The MT-07 Forum

Mirror upgrade - 2015 FZ07

FlamingDragon

FlamingDragon

Hey all,

No matter how I adjust my ‘15 FZ07 stock mirrors, the view of the inside half of each mirror shows my arm and not what’s behind me.  I need help.  If you had this same problem, were you able to adjust fix it or is the only solution new mirrors?  If so, what mirror/brand worked for you.

Thanks!

Same. I have to move my elbow to the inside every time. Apart installatig bar ends mirrors I don't think you'll be able to see what's behind you with the stock mirror mounts. 

• Thanks 1

Same here. I’m thinking at getting mirrors extenders. I prefer this to bar end units as they are more in the vision zone than lower units.

Edited by Claude
  • Thanks 1

I'm a fan of bar end mirrors.  When I got tired of my stock mirrors unscrewing themselves even after a proper tightening, and looking at my arms, I got  a pair of stainless steel Rhino adapters and some non-expensive mirrors.  It also saves me having to remove the mirrors when I load the motorcycle into my van.

Bar end mirrors come in a variety of stem lengths, sizes, and shapes, so height shouldn't be a problem is you get some that you like.

Edited by Triple Jim

• Premium Member

I was never a fan of bar-end mirrors... until I actually tried them. My preconceived opinion couldn't have been more wrong. 

CRG bar-end mirrors solved my "all I can see is my shoulder/elbow issues of the stock mirrors.

Even though they're smaller in size they are just slightly convex to allow a very much more useful Field Of View. They do not buzz on the stock bar and I'm able to see my surroundings from a quick glance where as I had to do a lot of time consuming  head bobbing to see the same areas with stock mirrors which I considered a safety hazard. 

CRGs are not cheap but they'll last the life of the bike and if you ever need parts you can get any part you need from CRG without having to purchase a whole new mirror assembly unlike most other brands.

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I always use up-and-out extenders. (Amazon or ebay). Yamaha suitability requred for left hand thread on one side. 

Just do it! 

Just now, FlamingDragon said:

If you had this same problem, were you able to adjust fix it or is the only solution new mirrors?

I have a 2016 FZ-07 with the stock mirrors, and yes I totally dealt with the same crap. What I did was added mirror extenders and blind spot mirrors - Still use them 15,000 miles later with great success. You can see the blind spot mirrors at the outer edge of the stock mirrors - they work well. Total cost around $25... poop load cheaper than new mirrors

s-l400.jpg

Compatible with Yamaha FZ1N. compatible with Yamaha FZ1n. compatible with Yamaha FZ6 FZ1N. compatible with...

IMG_1303.JPG

Edited by FZ not MT
  • Thanks 1

Just now, robbo10 said:

I always use up-and-out extenders. (Amazon or ebay). Yamaha suitability requred for left hand thread on one side. 

LOL Rob, great minds think alike - I was finishing my post when yours came in 😄

• Haha 1

I ran stock for a while, and it was good enough. I went to crg arrows, but everything looks much smaller. The mirror itself is convex and can be replaced for $17. It also "snaps" into preset angles, .  I had the chinese copy of the crg's, which came with three. The mirrors were not convex and had much smaller viewing angles. Two of the three broke (I believe the adhesive holding the mirror loosened up). Buy it cheap, buy it twice. The bar-ends do make it a little harder to filter and lane split.

Just now, FZ not MT said:

IMG_1303.JPG

Just curious to know more about your hand guards. Brand? Opinion? Pictures from side, front, 3/4 front? Maybe start another thread to not pollute anymore that one. Thanks!

Just now, Claude said:

Just curious to know more about your hand guards. Brand? Opinion?

They are Barkbuster Storm hand guards. I like them quite a bit. Definitely good in the colder weather. They are easy to mount on the stock handle bars, but you do need an adapter that Barkbuster makes for them. Here's a better shot of them on the bike.

IMG_1301.JPG

Edited by FZ not MT
  • Like 2

Is this a older model issue? I have the stock mirrors on my ‘21 still and aside from them loosening up every couple months I have no issues. I have em set so my elbows are barely visible on the inside of the mirror and I can see behind me just fine…

On 11/7/2022 at 10:23 PM, FZ not MT said:

I have a 2016 FZ-07 with the stock mirrors, and yes I totally dealt with the same crap. What I did was added mirror extenders and blind spot mirrors - Still use them 15,000 miles later with great success. You can see the blind spot mirrors at the outer edge of the stock mirrors - they work well. Total cost around $25... poop load cheaper than new mirrors

s-l400.jpg

Compatible with Yamaha FZ1N. compatible with Yamaha FZ1n. compatible with Yamaha FZ6 FZ1N. compatible with...

IMG_1303.JPG

Just received these mirror extenders - best thing ever !  Huge improvement 

• Like 1