The MT-07 Forum

One Piece Front Fenders for Yamaha FZ07 ?!?!

TMTYWSH

My front "fender stays' on the front wheel fender have broken clips...but found a replacement part on Ebay but it looks like it is one piece?

Am I seeing this correctly and is it better to go with a one piece solution or stick with stock?

Ebay image:

2048360927_isitonepieceCarbonFiberFrontHuggerMudguardFenderForYamahaFZ-07MT-07MT072013-2017eBay.png.3563c73f8119780036b0f51611b06f06.png

Edited by TMTYWSH
better photo

Personal taste really. The body colored accent panels gave the first gen bikes an upscaled look that was lost on the later gens, but I reckon carbon fiber trumps everything. 

Just now, shinyribs said:

...but I reckon carbon fiber trumps everything. 

You mean for looks or price?  

sweetscience

You could tell it's the same numbskull who designed the front and rear fender.  I modded the rear fender just to be practical.  And the front one piece is a PITA just to remove and install.  I hope the carbon is much slimmer and conforming.  Be warned though, the carbon will have less flex, less flex is less contortion, making install and removal challenging without breaking or scratching shiz up. 

Just now, shinyribs said:

For the style points and panache. 

I guess maybe, but I think I'm already starting to get carbon fiber fatigue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

I guess maybe, but I think I'm already starting to get carbon fiber fatigue.

The faux stuff being so rampant definitely makes seeing actual CF feel kinda overdone. But check out "forged carbon fiber"... boy, does it look good. 

Screen-Shot-2022-01-06-at-1_30.17-PM.thumb.jpeg.b67e59d71ebb8a66625ef8c75fe639ec.jpeg

That does look nice.  I have a bicycle with a carbon fiber fork.  It weighs 10 ounces and feels as stiff as a steel one, but when I bought it, looks was not a consideration.

• Premium Member
On 10/7/2022 at 6:27 PM, TMTYWSH said:

My front "fender stays' on the front wheel fender have broken clips...but found a replacement part on Ebay but it looks like it is one piece?

Am I seeing this correctly and is it better to go with a one piece solution or stick with stock?

Ebay image:

2048360927_isitonepieceCarbonFiberFrontHuggerMudguardFenderForYamahaFZ-07MT-07MT072013-2017eBay.png.3563c73f8119780036b0f51611b06f06.png

I replaced my OEM fender with a fender for an MT-07. It's a one piece design and bolts right on with no bracket, and no modifications. I think I bought mine from a Yamaha dealer for like $25??? Much better design 😎-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"