The MT-07 Forum

Oil drain crush washer

joegeis

I have been googling and googling and I just can't find the answer! What size crush washer do I need for my oil change? I reused my old one on the last oil change because the new one I had didn't fit. Thanks!

Googling "MT-07 oil drain plug size" took me to this site: 

M14 x 1.5

I'd get a couple 14mm Stat-O-Seals.  They're reusable and seal very well without huge torque.  eBay and McMaster-Carr are a couple sources.  A local hydraulic shop might have them too.

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator

@Triple Jim  You seem to have something new/interesting in all your posts, so I saw your "stat-o-seals" and was going to order just to see what's different, but this time, too rich for this country boy- $8 for 2 seals. Ok, maybe reusable.

Below, I keep these handy for bike:

Qty: 20 per bag, for under $7.00

https://www.amazon.com/20-Pack-Crush-Washers-Gaskets-compatible/dp/B018TGMPEK/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=2FVINEXHZVMO5&keywords=oil+drain+gaskets+for+honda&qid=1664570662&sprefix=oil+drain+gaskets+for+honda%2Caps%2C212&sr=8-4

They fit most Honda cars too, so they make a ton of them and sell cheap.

image.thumb.png.c79cc31ce62ddd90d4984b5a04d0f74d.png

Just now, Pursuvant said:

too rich for this country boy- $8 for 2 seals. Ok, maybe reusable.

They have a rubber seal molded into them, and one will last the life of the motorcycle.  They're nicer than crush washers and since they seal with less torque, there's less risk to the oil pan threads.  McMaster-Carr has them 5 for $8.90, but shipping will double that unless you combine them with other stuff.

Just information though... I have no stake in the company.   :)

• Like 1

I bought a 10 pack on Amazon and have had no issues

M14 Oil Drain Plug Gaskets Crush Washers Seals Rings Fit for Honda Yamaha Triumph Kawasaki Suzuki, Used for Oil Change, 10 Pack