The MT-07 Forum

Ohlins STX46 VS K-TECH Razor R Lite

rickchardet

• Global Moderator

If I do it again, I'll go with Razor lite.  Not unhappy with the Ohlins for sure. I like the idea of no compression adjustment (on these shocks) because it's easier to adjust. If you are doing front  (like Nix-22) & rear and you have a suspension shop that actually knows what they're about (they will have you in the shop talking and sitting on the bike while they are adjusting), they can get you setup so close to correct, you will not have to wander far to get "your" adjustments. Not having compression adjust on rear makes life easier, you can play with the fork cartridges with plenty of adjustment changes to wander into trouble, before you change them back to near what they were on delivery.

Rear shock you will setup the rebound & preload and leave alone (unless you ride 2 up). 

All this perspective from a street ride.

• Like 1

I have the ohlins shock, very happy with it.

But the k-tech has more adjustability, likely better quality (than cheap ohlins models) and cheaper. It wasn't available when I got my ohlins.

• Premium Member
cornerslider
On 9/28/2022 at 2:08 AM, Pursuvant said:

If I do it again, I'll go with Razor lite.  Not unhappy with the Ohlins for sure. I like the idea of no compression adjustment (on these shocks) because it's easier to adjust. If you are doing front  (like Nix-22) & rear and you have a suspension shop that actually knows what they're about (they will have you in the shop talking and sitting on the bike while they are adjusting), they can get you setup so close to correct, you will not have to wander far to get "your" adjustments. Not having compression adjust on rear makes life easier, you can play with the fork cartridges with plenty of adjustment changes to wander into trouble, before you change them back to near what they were on delivery.

Rear shock you will setup the rebound & preload and leave alone (unless you ride 2 up). 

All this perspective from a street ride.

+1 on all this!!! I have the Razor "Lite" on both my street bikes, and I'm VERY happy with the "Lite". I have the Razor "R" on my FZ-07 that I race. In all honesty- for the level that I'm racing, I'm pretty sure the "Lite" would probably accomplish the same task!!!! The majority of what you "feel" is tied to rebound dampening. Compression dampening is more for hyper sensitive racers- that are riding on the absolute edge of traction, and chasing .001 seconds on lap times. For 99% of the population that upgrades their shock, the "Lite" is probably the best choice 😎-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"