The MT-07 Forum

LF passenger seat cover

Claude

Just got a 2017 FZ07. This is another bike in my garage that my wife will never come aboard. So, I would like to have kind of a "one-up" look. I'm thinking at a seat cowl that hide (or remove?) the passenger seat.

I've seen a few on Ebay but I'm wondering if there is one source that is more recommendable than the others. I don't intend to spend $200 but more in the $50 area (if such a thing is possible or a wise choice).

Many thanks!

• Global Moderator

Yamaha used to make one, but I am not seeing it on their website anymore.  I do not recall how much they were asking but I expect it was closer to $200 than $50 anyway. 

• Like 1

I know Ermax makes one for the first gen FZ's that's around $200, but just looking at ebay and there are a bunch of similar looking cowls around $50. I don't know how the fitment would be, but some look like they're decent quality (they include the metal brackets that slide in to the OEM slots vs. some of the other styles where everything is plastic).

Just now, 7fold said:

I know Ermax makes one for the first gen FZ's that's around $200, but just looking at ebay and there are a bunch of similar looking cowls around $50. I don't know how the fitment would be, but some look like they're decent quality (they include the metal brackets that slide in to the OEM slots vs. some of the other styles where everything is plastic).

As you wrote, I saw a few on Ebay. I probably saw the one you're talking about (with metal brackets). I'll see a bit later what I'll decide to do. The bike I just bought (will get it in about one month) already have rear peg delete and this seat cowl will surely look great. Thanks for the info!