The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic or MIVV?

Allan

So I have been back and forth on the Akrapovic Carbon/Titanium and the MIVV Speed Edge Steel Black Low Mount. I like the looks of both and the sounds as well. Let me tell my dilemma though.

For the Akrapovic Carbon/Titanium:
I originally liked the Carbon best and that is what I was set on getting. Now I still like the Carbon but after looking around, I found a MIVV which I now really like as well. This started to break my narrow-mindedness about only the Carbon option. Then I was thinking, The Carbon looks too much like all the other exhaust options, so if I did do the Akrapovic, I should do the Titanium because it is such a unique option and not many manufacturers do unique stuff like that. The sound is identical, but the look is different and I do like the look of the Carbon "slightly" better, but I think the Titanium is just cooler overall. However, everyone seems to have the Titanium so it really wouldn't be that "unique" if I choose that.. And the sound is very good as well. That leads me to my main problem, the Carbon stage one kit here is almost $1,000. Which isn't a ton of money compared to the MIVV, but it's still a lot. On top of that, the Titanium is even more than the Carbon. I mean, $1,150 is a lot of cash. I know Akrapovic is the apex predator of the industry and that is what you are paying for, but I also don't want to blind myself to other potentially good options either.

For the MIVV Speed Edge Steel Black Low Mount:
I then came across MIVV and I had never really heard of them before. After doing a bit of research I found they are an Italian brand who does some OEM exhaust for Ducati, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and (this is kind of what "sold" me) Yamaha. After looking at the extensive options here, I found to like the Speed Edge Steel Black (low mount) best. This one too looks like all the other options, but for the price of $800, I can't complain. The

of this one is also very good as well. It has the deep grumble I'm looking for. Now, with that being said, my concern is the quality for the price. I am aware that it won't be as "good" as the Akrapovic but that is to be expected. My question is, how much below quality is the MIVV compared to the Akrapovic? Again, I had never heard of this brand before but I have talked to a couple of forum members who have the MIVV already and they say the quality is good, but what about for long term? They had only just installed it and may have not experienced this brand's long term performance before. I guess my questions are; Is this brand credible? Are the exhausts good for the low price you are paying, or will I be looking for another in a couple of years? I guess I just need help deciding. 
So what does everyone think? If you have a MIVV on a different bike and want to talk about that quality and long term performance, by all means do it. I want to feel confident in my choice and in all honesty, if you all say the MIVV is a good choice and I most likely won't be disappointed with it, I will probably go with the MIVV. I really like the look and sound of the MIVV but the only reason I am hesitating is because I don't know enough about the build quality and brand reputation. If you could help my I would really appreciate it. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
Allan

Can't seem to find any video clips of that exact MIVV you like best but any other MIVV clips did nothing for me .. Akrapovic is my preference.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Can't seem to find any video clips of that exact MIVV you like best but any other MIVV clips did nothing for me .. Akrapovic is my preference.
 go about half way through the video and that is the one with the sound. This one sounds different than the others. Its more throaty. Thanks for the response. I appreciate it! 

Ah, that's a bit better but still prefer the more rumbly V8 or V-twin sound so for me it's still the Ak or the Ixil.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Get the one you want. Don't worry about what anybody else has.
I'm not I'm worried about the quality of the cheaper one and if it is a good option.

Ah, that's a bit better but still prefer the more rumbly V8 or V-twin sound so for me it's still the Ak or the Ixil.
Ok. Thanks for your Input! Maybe I should put a poll up.

I love the mivv gp and will likely get it from pjswhen I called her she knew more about bikes then any one I ordered parts from she was fricken awesome and should have our business give her your cash she deserves itits half price over the acra

I love the mivv gp and will likely get it from pjswhen I called her she knew more about bikes then any one I ordered parts from she was fricken awesome and should have our business give her your cash she deserves itits half price over the acra
Thanks for the response! The only reason I am leaning towards the Akrapovic Titanium though is because it really accents the bikes styling.. Like, I mean, it looks loike it is supposed to be there.. I don't know.. Haha This is a tough choice.,

I just installed the MIVV Titanium GT high mount and the EJK fuel controller. I got them both from PJ parts and they truely are awesome to deal with. They not only sell motorcycle stuff but they eat, dream and possibly even sleep with their motorcycles. They did have a special that included the EJk controller and shipping for about $600. Don't know if it is still available at that price. Quality and finish on the MIVV is superb, installation was easy. The Dobeck people were also very helpful and willing to answer any and all questions. It was easy to install but you need to be sneaky to get the harness conected to the left injector. Dobeck will be doing dyno runs to dial in the excact programing parameters for that exhaust in the near future but they have basic setup that comes with it already. Nice unit, you just adjust the controllor that is on the bike and it literally takes seconds to change fueling. Here is the link to the MIVV at PJ parts:
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_125_247_815&products_id=5448

P.S. The other head scratcher was disconnecting the fuel line from the bottom of the gas tank. I could not get it free. Thanks to Jake, here is the solution:
So I had some time and was curious about it I did a search and was not easy to find haha I did find a service manual on another sight though so I'll have time to read up on it.

I'm sure you have it figured out now, but what I found was you squeeze on the sides and at the same time pull it apart. If I had my FZ here I would have taken it apart and taken a pic.

I looked at the parts manual online and that was no help it make it look like a car fuel line where you need the fuel line disconnect tool.

Read more: http://fz07.org/thread/1450/fuel-line-disconnect#ixzz3MM75cZet

you should probably sell that set up to me cause I know you don't really like it
and I may be somewhat local so it could be an easy sell
come on what do ya say
just kidding
that is the setup I will likely get in the very near future
my problem is I just spent some of my extra money on a 2014 ctx1300
rode that home last week so im trying to get my wife to understand why I need to spend $ on the 7
I did tell her that in 2015 the MN law requires to loose the stock exhaust and replace it with aftermarket
don't think shes falling for it

you should probably sell that set up to me cause I know you don't really like it and I may be somewhat local so it could be an easy sell
come on what do ya say
just kidding
that is the setup I will likely get in the very near future
my problem is I just spent some of my extra money on a 2014 ctx1300
rode that home last week so im trying to get my wife to understand why I need to spend $ on the 7
I did tell her that in 2015 the MN law requires to loose the stock exhaust and replace it with aftermarket
don't think shes falling for it

As an ex-cop I will be willing to perpetuate that little "white lie" if it helps you procure an aftermarket exhaust ;) P.S. I'm just a few miles north of the Twin Cities.

I would love to see the set up
im in Roseville
I will be checking out a white 7 tonight hopefully that the guy I work with just purchased at tousley
sounds like you have done more to yours then mine
I cant spend to much more on her since this is a play bike, but I need a rear shock and an exhaust to round her out
I already did the forks

We'll have to do some back roads this Spring on the Wisc. side of the river. I know some great roads and maybe you have some also.

Archived