The MT-07 Forum

Tank differences between 2014-2022?

Migyver

Hi,

I'm new here (and proud new owner of an '18 MT07).  I'm trying to find 2 things (possibly) for the bike.  1 would be a color change so looking to see what would fit as far as tank plastics (Mine is white and I would love blue or black) and 1 are gripper pads for the tank, so I'm wondeing what (if any) changes have been made from a tank perspective from the mt-07 between 2014-2022 to know what could work for me.

Thanks!  Ride-on!!

• Like 1

It's more fun naked!!

2018 is generation 2.

Gen 2 has a different seat and plastics from Gen 1 and the Gen2 seat will not bolt to a Gen 1 bike. Different mounting points.

Not sure how the tank panels bolt on but i would guess it wont work.

No idea about gen 3.

If i were you id paint the white panels black or blue myself. N wear a mask 

Edited by 00RAH
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info.  Seems finding older (Gen 1 2014-2017) or newer (Gen 3 2020+) is easier somehow.  Oh well I might just find someone to redo them, I'd spray them but I am sure I'd mess them up.  Maybe I could try my luck with plastidip or vinyl wrapping it. 

• Like 1

It's more fun naked!!

The tank is almost the same, but there are different support welded on the top part, gen 1 has 2 supports, gen 2 none, gen 3 has another set of supports that differ from gen1

nozeitgeist1800

depending on your budget, you could just buy the plastics from the blacked out model, from 2019 (model number is MT07KB, 2019). looks like itd be a couple hundred dollars for all of the plastics

link to diagram with the plastics -