The MT-07 Forum

W.T.B. FZ-07 seat-

cornerslider

• Premium Member
cornerslider

So.... I got my race license last weekend, and had more fun than I ever imagined was possible!!!! That being said, I'm having regrets on purchasing my "upgraded" gel seat, that I used on the street (while on track). I'm  curious if anybody has an OEM seat laying around in their garage, that they might want to sell? I'm not looking for a "perfect" seat. Just something that I won't care about if I "throw-it-away" one day 😜...  I'm currently running my first generation FZ-07 in "naked" trim. I may do full "race" bodywork over the winter? I'm 53 years old, and have a Titanium plate in my neck that limits my range of motion. My options are fairly limited for what I can do to set my bike up for success at the club racer level.... Please let me know if you have anything available 😎-

Naked CRA.JPG

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Global Moderator

Contact Corbin, ask them if you can have a rejected seat pan for FZ, in exchange you will put a "Corbin" sticker on the track tent.

Then take the free  pan to a local hot rod shop (autos) - if they are any good, they also have seat upholstery/sewing machines/foam/etc. Trade with them, their logo on the tent for some help. If you shape the foam, they can stitch a seat cover with an oval patch of grippy corduroy right where you pucker on that spooky turn at end of the long straight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I figured this crowd would have something available???? I can always buy an "EBay" seat over the winter, or even buy a new OEM seat, (which isn't that expensive).... I just figured I'd help another member out, and buy a seat that is sitting in a garage someplace 😆-

• Premium Member

Ha!!! 🤣- That is actually the current seat I have on my FZ-07. I just ordered an OEM seat for my now dedicated "track-only" FZ-07. I'll be listing the same seat soon.... GLWS 😎-

Yep. Wow, I totally misunderstood your post. Doh! 

I do have a stock OEM seat that had some extra padding shoved under the OEM cover. I don't remember exactly what I did, it was an experimental thing. I think it had one small tear I glued shut. I can dig it out and get a picture if you're interested. You think $50 shipped is fair? 

• Premium Member

Actually, I just ordered a new OEM from Partzilla- $102 with free shipping!!! I appreciate the effort. If I had known an OEM seat was this cheap, I probably wouldn't have even created this post 😆.... Thank you for your reply 😎

• Like 1