The MT-07 Forum

Pipe & Tune info?

Bouncer Beebo

Bouncer Beebo

Thanks guy's! No pipe or flash mods, yet. I want to put a pipe on and tune just not sure the steps, do you have to tune this bike when you add a pipe? I want a good pipe, good sound and performance but reasonably priced? I'm use to doing tunes on my race bouncer when I make performance changes but honestly don't have no clue how to go about it with my FZ07 2017? Any Pipe and Tune tips would be appreciated! If you have a pic of your pipe please add it and where it was purchased if possible? Thanks so much!!!!!!  This forum has been very helpful by the way! Thanks Everyone

I think (and probably others, as well) the easiest solution would be to send your ECU over to 2WDW for a flash based on whichever exhaust you go with. They have a few options available.

I personally think the Akra and Graves (I have a Graves installed on mine) sound the best without being ridiculously loud, but they're unfortunately the most expensive. Some of the cheaper, well known, options like Yoshimura or M4 are pretty loud. And some of the less popular (at least I think they're less popular, I don't see too many members with these) options like Toce, SC Project, Arrow, LeoVince, etc. might not have specific maps from 2WDW but they might be able to modify an existing map from a similarly designed exhaust to get you close. You might just need an auto-tune kit to get the rest of the way there, but I'd reach out to them first to double check. They're incredibly helpful when it comes to stuff like this.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
AdamKareem87

I have a Akra with the DB in and it sounds reasonable and does not require a software flash. If I end up deciding to remove the baffle I have been informed that a flash would be required. For baffle in. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

CriticalCore

Yep, also got the titanium Akrapovic with the baffle left in - sounds great and didn't need to flash the ECU.

• Global Moderator

2wdw will flash your ecu for a specific pipe, and sell you that pipe as a package.

You can get a 2wdw works flash for a specific pipe, and run that ecu with the stock exhaust until you're ready to buy a pipe - the stock bike will be much improved all around with that flash, and it runs fine with stock exhaust.

All pipes are priced outrageous, but I wouldn't get hung up over "everybody got da Akra". Pops Yoshimura may still have the R77 avail and as a package with 2wdw flash it's about as doable as any.

Safety equip B4 looks & sound is a thing

A few things to consider. 2wdw tune really changes the bike.  For me it made the bike much easier to ride.  The thing I felt the most was the reduction in engine braking.  Before doing the tune I purchased a Yoyodyne slipper clutch with the intention of installing it at first oil change.  It still sits in it box unused.  Not there was much need for it street riding but with the reduction in the engine braking there is no need for it on the street.  I haven't taken this bike to the track yet but I really don't foresee needing a slipper clutch at trackdays.  Maybe for full on racing.

As for exhaust figure out what you would like and then do your research.  To me an exhaust does two things.  It allows to bike to breath better and it drops weight.  Riding on the street it's not a huge deal but some of those old racing habits kick in.  I chose the Graves pipe.  I looked at everything that was out at the time.  It came down to the Graves and Akrapovic exhaust.  I chose the Grave from the two because it was made from titanium.  The Akra piping is stainless.  The Graves was a bit lighter and I really like the look of the Ti once it gets some color in it from the heat.

I have the db killer for it.  Really didn't notice any difference so it sits in the box.